Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Jul 3, 2013, 12:50 PM   #151
ceezy
macrumors member

Does this back disrupt wifi at for you?
I have one and my wifi drops in and out...took it off and it seems like wifi is staying constant now. (wifi is fine on my mbp btw)

I am going to continue to experiment...just wondering if you have found it to be similar.
ceezy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2013, 07:27 AM   #152
davistld01
macrumors regular

I've got exactly the same gray/gray setup as Hazycloud. So far so good. I'd actually prefer black instead of gray, but the CoverBuddy I had on my iPad 4 was the matte black & was a huge greasy fingerprint magnet...or at least the finish showed them clearly. At least the gray color of my Mini cover masks them...so I'm a happy camper!

I think the CoverBuddy/SmartCover combo is excellent. And...WiFi is not inhibited at all, nor do I have any cracking corners...yet.
davistld01 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2013, 04:50 PM   #153
ceezy
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceezy View Post
Does this back disrupt wifi at for you?
I have one and my wifi drops in and out...took it off and it seems like wifi is staying constant now. (wifi is fine on my mbp btw)

I am going to continue to experiment...just wondering if you have found it to be similar.
Seems to be working much better without the back cover...a shame as I like it but it's frustrating when it drops in and out so much. Going to continue using it without to see how it does.
ceezy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2013, 10:50 AM   #154
Kisey
macrumors regular

My replacement now has a split corner. Not sure if they are just not built well or what, because I am really careful with my devices and have not dropped, bumped or done anything to cause the crack.
Kisey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2013, 10:42 AM   #155
rpearlberg
macrumors 6502

I love the look of these with the smart cover! I may have to get one! Can anyone post a pic of either the dark gray or light gray with a black iPad?
rpearlberg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2013, 04:43 AM   #156
mbp17xxx
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisey View Post
My replacement now has a split corner. Not sure if they are just not built well or what, because I am really careful with my devices and have not dropped, bumped or done anything to cause the crack.
I like Switcheasy, but this case is crap, even if you take really good care of it at some time the corners will crack. I had 2 of these both cracked in the corner

DON'T BUY THIS CASE!!!
mbp17xxx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2013, 06:55 AM   #157
rpearlberg
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbp17xxx View Post
I like Switcheasy, but this case is crap, even if you take really good care of it at some time the corners will crack. I had 2 of these both cracked in the corner

DON'T BUY THIS CASE!!!
That's disappointing!! What is another one like this that is better quality?
rpearlberg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2013, 10:03 AM   #158
mbp17xxx
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpearlberg View Post
That's disappointing!! What is another one like this that is better quality?
I heard belkin and speck may have better quality.

since the 2nd case cracked never bought a back case again, just used it naked with the smart cover
mbp17xxx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2013, 11:35 PM   #159
phonewentwest
macrumors regular

My switcheasy cover buddy finally corner cracked so now I have just the apple Smart Cover on and love it. Feels so much better without that backing. Should have just done this from the start.
phonewentwest is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2013, 08:57 AM   #160
Menel
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Rhett View Post
Sure thing. Sorry for the crappy quality, took the pics in horrible lighting with my 4S. The red is actually a lot more vibrant. Might try to take more later in natural light.

Thumb resize.

Thumb resize.

Thumb resize.

Thumb resize.
I did the coverbuddy black with red smart cover on last iPad. :thumbsup:

Went tan smart case this time. Still not sure which I like better, could go either way. I do mis the ability while at home to just pull off and ditch the cover for a while.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 04:50 PM   #161
rgarjr
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel View Post
I do mis the ability while at home to just pull off and ditch the cover for a while.
This is the nice thing about Smart Cover + back shell combo. Instead of folding it back just pull it right off and out the way. I have both smart case and Smart Cover.

Last edited by rgarjr; Dec 9, 2013 at 07:21 PM.
rgarjr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2013, 08:14 PM   #162
MrX8503
macrumors 6502

Any cases like the cover buddy with a second mic cutout?
MrX8503 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2013, 03:06 PM   #163
shenan1982
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrX8503 View Post
Any cases like the cover buddy with a second mic cutout?
Not yet, I wish they'd update it as I have not found anything as well made. For now I'm using the ipad mini coverbuddy on the mini retina. It works but needs the cutout.
shenan1982 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2013, 05:03 PM   #164
AntnyMikal
macrumors regular

Here is one I got off Amazon 9$, it has all the proper cut outs for the air.

My only complaints:
1. Speaker holes are slightly off (they still sound the same as they did without case though, so no biggie!

2. It was extremely cold out the day I got it, I (had to sit it by my space heater for a minute under a book with the edges in to get the original shape back for a tight fit) after that though snug as a glove

Great feel, buttons sealed from debri, still light enough to enjoy for extended periods and works great with Smart Cover.

Price is great, just had to read the description as some of the colors don't come in this material. I also believe they make air and mini retina versions.

AntnyMikal is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2013, 08:35 PM   #165
MrX8503
macrumors 6502

Thanks for the pics! Do you have to take off the finite tpu to put a Smart Cover on?
MrX8503 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2013, 02:35 AM   #166
AntnyMikal
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrX8503 View Post
Thanks for the pics! Do you have to take off the finite tpu to put a Smart Cover on?

No you don't.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 08:42 AM   #167
TBONE72
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntnyMikal View Post
Here is one I got off Amazon 9$, it has all the proper cut outs for the air.

My only complaints:
1. Speaker holes are slightly off (they still sound the same as they did without case though, so no biggie!

2. It was extremely cold out the day I got it, I (had to sit it by my space heater for a minute under a book with the edges in to get the original shape back for a tight fit) after that though snug as a glove

Great feel, buttons sealed from debri, still light enough to enjoy for extended periods and works great with Smart Cover.

Price is great, just had to read the description as some of the colors don't come in this material. I also believe they make air and mini retina versions.

Did you add that Velcro to the back?
TBONE72 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2013, 10:44 AM   #168
AntnyMikal
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBONE72 View Post
Did you add that Velcro to the back?

Yeah, I added the Velcro. The case closes on the front fine and the magnets are pretty strong, but not so much on the back. This differs from iPad to iPad, and cover to cover. I just don't like mine flapping around, some people don't mind that though.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 03:59 PM   #169
ac921ol
macrumors regular

does the switcheasy or fintie work with the logitech ultrathin keyboard???

I ordered 2 cases off amazon to try, but want one that will 100% work with the logitech keyboard.
ac921ol is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2013, 12:55 PM   #170
shenan1982
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac921ol View Post
does the switcheasy or fintie work with the logitech ultrathin keyboard???
The cover buddy does NOT work with the logitech keyboard.I have both and they cannot be used together.
shenan1982 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories