Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Matangi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 20, 2010
Hi,

I am having problems viewing Full HD on my Macbook pro 2.4Ghz 4GB ram, 17 inch (1920 x 1200 ) and have installed OSX Snow Leopard 10.6.8.

I use a hacked Gh1, and the story of how the problems occurred is as follows:

6 months ago everything worked fine, I was able to view the AVCHD (.mts files) with VLC player, and the conversion in FINAL CUT PRO 7 to Proress LT worked fine, and I was also able to see the exported Proress in QT player smoothly.

A day my the charger for the laptop stopped working, probably because of an unequal flow of electricity, and simultaneously the battery died.

After that event I have not been able to view Full HD anymore…
The .MTS files opened but remained blocked after 2 seconds, and only the sound was heard.
The Proress LT files could be seen in QT player but not smoothly. Very annoying.

I bought another charger so that I could use the laptop again, and now a big detective work started:

1. I made a Apple hardware test on the computer to cheek if it could be the NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT that caused the problem, but according the test everything was working well.
2. I made a ram test, all in order
3. I tested the harddisk at western digital service center, and it is working fine
4. I reinstalled Snow Leopard with the same settings and programs as before the accident, and no change, still problems. I tried Lion and still the same.
5. I went to a mac repair shop that booted from an external harddisk and still the same problem with the files as on the osx installed on my own computer.
5. I made a trash preferences with preference manager and no change
6. And I will mention that I have tried with many different files, so it is not one corrupt file that is the problem.
7. I also experience problems in viewing the files that I have compressed via MPEG Streamclip or in Cmpressor, they often also docent run smoothly, problems that did not occur before.

Any suggestions?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.