Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Nov 6, 2012, 10:01 AM   #251
ericrwalker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by adder7712 View Post
Apple Maps is near worthless in my country (can't find numerous businesses).

I'd rather have Google Maps.
You could use the following, and you don't need data to run them.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sygi...358731886?mt=8

https://itunes.apple.com/my/app/tomt...431581795?mt=8

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/garm...504487726?mt=8
ericrwalker is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 03:50 PM   #252
macrumorschamp
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanHolderman View Post
This is unfortunate if true! The google maps app on my pre-iOS 6 iPhone worked perfectly, after the update the apple map app is horrible. It shows my home almost 1/4 mile off (and in the ocean by the way!). I have 2 other map apps (google maps shortcut & GPS Drive) and they show my house in the correct location. The problem is Apple's map app.

Apple had made a few big time mistakes in the past year and if they don't change they will end up like Apple of 1995!
I remember when Apple Maps with Google API put my house in another state. These things will be fixed and worked out. It's not worth getting upset about.
macrumorschamp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 04:50 PM   #253
chadley_chad
Banned

No chance!

Apple don't give people what they want, Apple give people what THEY want (good or bad, usually the later when it comes to recent software updates!!!)
chadley_chad is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 03:45 AM   #254
laomao
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chukronos View Post
Apple will not deny approval. Unless, google is putting something in the app that they know apple will not allow.
Apple is almost desperate. I can foresee its stock price plunge if the sales numbers do not meet estimates.
laomao is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion