Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Apr 6, 2013, 09:37 PM   #1
horace528
macrumors regular

Reccomandation for iPod

Hello MacRumor Forums
Today, I want to ask something to the MacRumor Forums a thing that I never actually asked to; a reccomandation.
I want to buy an iPod, but I'm acutally struggling if I should get the iPod Shuffle now, with the money I have, or the iPod nano later, when I have enough money. (I have like 50$ now.)
I'm finding an iPod that I would actually only listen to music on, as I already have an iPod touch that is pretty sufficent to me. But if I don't have that iPod, I go back to the analog days with my CD Player.

Anyways, I thought about the iPod Shuffle, and it was pretty OK, as I was finding an iPod that I would only listen to music on, but it only has 2GB, unlike it's predecessors, with had a 4GB option. That 2GB would run out quickly.

Next was the iPod Nano, which seemed like a good option with 16GB of storage, and a pretty OK screen, but seemed pretty expensive, and had some features that I really wouldn't use, like the FM radio and the Photos. :/

So the breakdown; the iPod nano, or the iPod shuffle? Hope you can find me a good match...
horace528 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2013, 09:44 PM   #2
Jessica Lares
macrumors 604

iPod Nano. The Shuffle is nice, but I wouldn't buy another if I'm honest.

The Nano will have less wear and tear, it feels more premium, and the decent sized storage is great. I love mine, and am hoping that they bump up the specs this year.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 02:06 PM   #3
cambookpro
macrumors 601

Storage is definitely a limiting factor, but I convert all my songs on my shuffle to 128kbps AAC to save space. Doesn't make any difference to quality since I use cheap headphones and I'm usually walking or exercising.

I really like my shuffle and it's pretty robust too, I've dropped it a few times and it still goes perfectly. It's so small and light as well, you hardly notice you're using it. Another upside is that if it's lost/stolen, it doesn't cost a fortune to replace.

The nano is probably better if you're looking for a 'main' iPod - I use my iPhone mainly, the the shuffle is something I use occasionally.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 06:01 PM   #4
HeyKatie
macrumors regular

I'm debating between the nano and the classic since my phone has left me stranded after dying far to many times.
HeyKatie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2013, 09:28 PM   #5
Pharmscott
macrumors 6502a

The nano is on sale. Maybe that will help you decide.

http://gizmodo.com/5994038/the-tinie...ium=socialflow

PS: CD's aren't analog
Pharmscott is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2013, 02:32 PM   #6
Jessica Lares
macrumors 604

If only the paint didn't come off like it does on the iOS devices. That's why I don't really like the Shuffle. Doesn't seem to be an issue on my Nano.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 07:48 AM   #7
horace528
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharmscott View Post
CD's aren't analog
CDs aren't analong, but it's hard enough to try to hear music from a huge CD player (No, it's not like a WalkMan), which is unreliable, sometimes doesn't play, etc.
horace528 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2013, 12:08 AM   #8
LeandrodaFL
macrumors 6502a

If you laready have a ipod touch, why do you need another ipod?

Honestly, my favorite ipod of all time is the 6th generation nano, not the current one
LeandrodaFL is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Tags
ipod nano, ipod shuffle, reccomandation