Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > Mac Blog Discussion

Old Jun 5, 2013, 11:04 PM   #1
MacRumors
macrumors bot

Las Vegas' Fashion Show Apple Store Getting Major Expansion

The*Fashion Show Apple Store, one of Apple's earlier stores opened in 2002, is set to undergo a major expansion that will nearly triple the store's square footage,*reports*ifoAppleStore, taking it from 3,900 square feet to over 10,000 square feet.

As*ifoAppleStore*notes, the store sits in front of the Fashion Show mall's key feature: a lighted stage where fashion shows are held every weekend. The expanded store, which will also boast a storefront almost four times as big as the current store, will be more ready to accommodate the mall's 13 million annual visitors at the busiest part of the mall.
Image via ifoAppleStoreIn the photo above the size of the expansion is visually apparent, with the red showing the original store and the purple indicating the expansion space. The yellow indicates the temporary store Apple will open until the expansion's construction is completed in September.

In recent years, Apple has been focusing on building new Apple Stores across the world while also expanding existing stores to increase square footage and accommodate increased foot traffic. In May, Apple revealed that it is seeing an average of 250,000 visitors per store per quarter, up from 170,000 in 2010.

Article Link: Las Vegas' Fashion Show Apple Store Getting Major Expansion
MacRumors is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2013, 11:14 PM   #2
ihakim
macrumors member

Okay.
ihakim is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2013, 11:27 PM   #3
bwillwall
macrumors 6502a

I was just there. The outside of that outdoor mall was covered in surface ads. It was pretty funny how useless it was. There were 3 of the exact same ad stacked on top of each other. I guess that's just how Microsoft works.
bwillwall is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2013, 11:32 PM   #4
trekkie604
macrumors 65816

Cool. I bought my first iPad there and brought it back 5 months before they were available at home.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 11:52 PM   #5
hot304tee
macrumors newbie

hopefully the customer service gets better because the genius bar there sucks....
hot304tee is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2013, 12:12 AM   #6
macs4nw
macrumors 68020

They do what they have to do, I guess, but I find some of these newer Super-Stores in the 10,000 sqft and upwards range to be very cold and impersonal. I'm sure they're a model of efficiency but to me, the old stores were more inviting. Of course, unless I have to, I avoid going there on weekends, like the plague.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 12:19 AM   #7
Laird Knox
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by macs4nw View Post
They do what they have to do, I guess, but I find some of these newer Super-Stores in the 10,000 sqft and upwards range to be very cold and impersonal. I'm sure they're a model of efficiency but to me, the old stores were more inviting. Of course, unless I have to, I avoid going there on weekends, like the plague.
The three Vegas stores are packed shoulder to shoulder at all times of the day. They can use the extra space.
Laird Knox is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2013, 01:28 AM   #8
APlotdevice
macrumors 68020

Finally. The current store packs you in like a sardine!

BTW, the stage isn't just used on the weekends. Every day it pops out of the floor in hourly intervals.

Last edited by APlotdevice; Jun 6, 2013 at 01:56 AM.
APlotdevice is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2013, 03:15 AM   #9
iMikeT
macrumors 68020

Talk about a major expansion.
iMikeT is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2013, 04:52 AM   #10
BC2009
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwillwall View Post
I was just there. The outside of that outdoor mall was covered in surface ads. It was pretty funny how useless it was. There were 3 of the exact same ad stacked on top of each other. I guess that's just how Microsoft works.
If you google it, you will find a video of Microsoft launching Surface from the Fashion Show platform. They had models walking out holding the Surface. When they were done the announcer told people to go to the opposite far end of the mall to find the Microsoft kiosk and purchase a Surface for themselves. Meanwhile, Apple enjoys that prime real estate in that mall every day.
BC2009 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2013, 05:34 AM   #11
iCole
macrumors regular

I was there about a month ago. There were Surface ads everywhere but at only one small stand could I find the Surface. I couldn't even really test it without being stalked by MS employees. Very annoying.

I did find the Apple store to be a bit pathetic compared to other Apple stores. Good thing they are expanding.
iCole is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2013, 06:04 AM   #12
JoeG4
macrumors 68020

Send a message via ICQ to JoeG4 Send a message via AIM to JoeG4
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwillwall View Post
For years the big ad screens, especially the ones in front, played non-stop Apple ads.

Looks like they still do it on the pillars of the canopy, anyway:

http://pictures.mastermarf.com/blog/...-show-mall.jpg

I guess MS paid more haha. BTW: They don't HAVE to run the exact same thing on all 3 screens at the same time - I've seen them do other stuff! That's totally up to the advertiser lol.

OTOH, the Las Vegas strip has a bit of a uh.. one-up game on who has the biggest sign with the most pixels. The wynn one was great in that it moves xD The animation with the fairy that pushes the sign is still one of my favorites.

http://youtu.be/99g5f-tcfS8?t=41s

lol wait that isn't the same one. oh well
Old Jun 6, 2013, 08:13 AM   #13
ArtOfWarfare
macrumors 603

Send a message via Skype™ to ArtOfWarfare
Quote:
Originally Posted by macs4nw View Post
They do what they have to do, I guess, but I find some of these newer Super-Stores in the 10,000 sqft and upwards range to be very cold and impersonal. I'm sure they're a model of efficiency but to me, the old stores were more inviting.
I feel the exact opposite - I vastly prefer the customer service at the bigger stores. I suspect the employees are the best of the best at them since they're exposed to the most potential customers (you wouldn't want your store with the most potential customers to have the worst staff.)
ArtOfWarfare is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2013, 11:42 AM   #14
Thinkman12345
macrumors newbie

About time!

Being my Apple store of choice in Vegas, it often feels like I have to walk on the heads of other customers to get to my destination. So this expansion is really good news! As with all Apple stores I've been in, the sales/genius staff at Fashion Show are amazing - even though they are often running themselves ragged trying to help customers!
Thinkman12345 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > Mac Blog Discussion