Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yerman

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 16, 2008
Hello all,

I am traveling back to the US again with a factory unlocked iPhone 4S. I usually stop by the local T-Mobile when I get into town and purchase a one month unlimited SIM card for 50 bucks which has data, phone, and text. The problem is that T-Mobile coverage in the areas I travel to while it town are terrible.

About 12 months ago when I was looking into this for the first time, T-Mobile was the only option. I was just curious if anyone else has stepped up and started offering pre-paid SIM's that will work in an iPhone? ATT? Sprint? Anyone? Thanks for any replies.

Baggio

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2012
Hello all,

I am traveling back to the US again with a factory unlocked iPhone 4S. I usually stop by the local T-Mobile when I get into town and purchase a one month unlimited SIM card for 50 bucks which has data, phone, and text. The problem is that T-Mobile coverage in the areas I travel to while it town are terrible.

About 12 months ago when I was looking into this for the first time, T-Mobile was the only option. I was just curious if anyone else has stepped up and started offering pre-paid SIM's that will work in an iPhone? ATT? Sprint? Anyone? Thanks for any replies.

Straight Talk is an option. It's $45 a month for unlimited talk, text, and data.

Simple Mobile is another option.

Last edited:

bohbot16

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2009
Straight Talk is an option. It's $45 a month for unlimited talk, text, and data.

Simple Mobile is another option.

Straight Talk is a great choice. I believe that Simple Mobile uses T-Mobile's towers. AT&T GoPhone now has prepaid iPhone plans, so you could go to one of their stores.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.