Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Old Jun 23, 2013, 05:43 AM   #26
skunk
macrumors Demi-God

The main problem seems to be the entrenched gerrymandering policy endorsed by both parties. So long as parties are able to carve up electoral districts to produce artificially partisan divisions which ensure that candidates do not even try to appeal across party lines, there is no incentive for those candidates to nuance their platforms.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 03:43 AM   #27
Technarchy
macrumors 68040

GOP is so stupid, I bet they think Guam would tip over if more people moved there.
Technarchy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2013, 08:37 AM   #28
mcrain
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technarchy View Post
GOP is so stupid, I bet they think Guam would tip over if more people moved there.
Perhaps there might be one or two dumb democrats you can point to, but for every one you can, I can point to entire legions of stupid republicans. In other words, your point is that an elderly gentleman who got confused somehow offsets scores of idiots who believe the earth is only 4000 years old and women can spontaneously prevent pregnancies.

Please, keep make these well thought out arguments. You do nothing more than prove the point.
mcrain is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2013, 01:00 PM   #29
Hawkeye16
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegamanX View Post
Where the hell do you live to get food that cheap. I live by myself and I alone spend 60-70 a week on food from the grocery store. So that translate into 240+ a month. Now I do not buy the cheapest stuff nor do I buy organic big name brand only. I also eat more than most but still the 100 per person per month you are insane to think that that is all a family of 4 eat on average.
I spend <$100 per week for 2 people, lunches and dinner for each day. I pretty much only buy name brand and healthy stuff (the omega, no antibiotics, grass fed eggs and not store brand, etc.). I guess groceries may be a little cheaper here in the midwest, but I was also going off what I have seen locally for food stamp amounts.

What I was meaning to say is if they are not paying for their food they should be limited to store brand/generic stuff, no good cuts of steak, etc. Make them actually want to work for something, if we just give them enough money and let them spend it on whatever they want food wise there is no motivation to get off of the system.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrain View Post
Perhaps there might be one or two dumb democrats you can point to, but for every one you can, I can point to entire legions of stupid republicans. In other words, your point is that an elderly gentleman who got confused somehow offsets scores of idiots who believe the earth is only 4000 years old and women can spontaneously prevent pregnancies.

Please, keep make these well thought out arguments. You do nothing more than prove the point.
This is an opinion, not a fact (the number of stupid people in each party). It is about the same from what I have seen. Of course since the media is 90% Democrat you just don't see as much coverage for the stupid crap democrats say and do. I see some of the decisions that Feinstein/Rahm/Obama make and think you would have to be an idiot to believe the crap they are spewing but it seems some people do.

Plus - Biden counts for at least 2 or 3 of the stupid republicans...
Old Jun 25, 2013, 01:30 PM   #30
Eraserhead
macrumors G4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye16 View Post
Of course since the media is 90% Democrat
It is?

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye16 View Post
Biden counts for at least 2 or 3 of the stupid republicans...
Sorry, what exactly has Biden done wrong?
Old Jun 26, 2013, 10:23 AM   #31
Hawkeye16
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraserhead View Post
It is?

Over here it is, yes.

----------

Sorry, what exactly has Biden done wrong?
Done wrong or said wrong? None of the republicans McRain is talking about have done anything wrong - they have just said stuff that is idiotic. If you don't know any of the stuff he has said wrong you have not been paying much attention to any speech he has given.

The only "doing wrong" is the selling of class 3 weapons to Mexican cartels by our government (and then not actually keeping track of them) and pushing through a health care act that had no bipartisan support and under 50% of the public support as well.

And if we want to go back we can of course make a list for Bush as well as he was far from perfect. Same with Clinton.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 11:12 AM   #32
AustinIllini
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMikeT View Post
With this one down, will two more grow back in its place? (hydra reference)

Seriously though, how is it that Republicans are even elected to office knowing how crazy they are?
Read a little more about Illinois. It's amazing they elect anyone. Democrats and special interest groups have destroyed that once great state.

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues