Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coolspot18

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 16, 2010
Canada
Notification Center displays my Facebook notifications properly... but is there a way to launch FB (or Twitter or whatever) directly by clicking on a Notification Center alert?

Seems counter intitutive to only display an alert but not launch the browser to visit the site that generated the alert?

laudern

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2011
Notification Center displays my Facebook notifications properly... but is there a way to launch FB (or Twitter or whatever) directly by clicking on a Notification Center alert?

Seems counter intitutive to only display an alert but not launch the browser to visit the site that generated the alert?

When I click on my notifications from FB, safari launches and goes to the website.:confused:

nyolc8

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2012
When I click on my notifications from FB, safari launches and goes to the website.:confused:

Same here, so OP, did you tried to click on the notifications? What browser do you have configured to default browser?

coolspot18

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 16, 2010
Canada
Same here, so OP, did you tried to click on the notifications? What browser do you have configured to default browser?

I'm using Safari, it is set as my default browser in the Internet preferences. When I click on a Notification, it just disappears and nothing happens.

I noticed in my console log there seems to be several Facebook errors:

2012-11-03 12:40:16.079 AM SocialPushAgent[5675]: createFacebookNoticationURLFromID - ERROR: 400. Attempting FQL to determine URL for notification event. FQL: SELECT link FROM unified_thread WHERE thread_id IN (SELECT thread_id FROM unified_message WHERE message_id = "m_msg.576c4dbe0c50400af67f7768bc0cdff177"), response: <...>

I wonder if it is a Facebook problem?

Update: my latest notifications for a couple hours ago seem to work again! Indeed this might have been a Facebook backend problem... not sending the proper Notification URL.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.