Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Badagri

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2012
UK

skiz

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2013
I like the site for the submissions, but the over-moderating ruins the site. I'm fine with it being down as hopefully something better will take its place. Maybe developers will post their work elsewhere?

brodw

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2013
I'm about to start work on an app to help theme os x 10.8+ and since mac themes is down I'm positing it in the next most relevant place.

Basically it will be the same as bowtie.app's theming process.

Below is part of an email I sent to Alex Zielenski to get permission to use his code.

To contribute email nullusco@gmail.com, for the most part I know what I'm doing but help is welcomed.

THERE USED TO BE PART OF AN EMAIL HERE BUT I WAS ASKED TO REMOVE IT. IT HAS BEEN REMOVED..

Last edited:

Badagri

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2012
UK
Good luck with that and I'm being genuine as there's been nothing solid since Tiger. Everything else has been endless modifying system files with consequences.

brodw

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2013
So far looking good. The app will function almost exactly like bowtie apps theming option. With a downloads section included, eta 10days till beta release.

brodw

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2013
Sorry to keep bumping this but I'm just a bit excited.

The App will no longer be called a theme manager but a modification utility as it gives developers and designers the ability to not only theme but modify any app or part of os x. A name will be decided shortly and I'll edit this post with a website for more info on it so I can stop bumping.

Thanks.

Ddyracer

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2009
Sorry to keep bumping this but I'm just a bit excited.

The App will no longer be called a theme manager but a modification utility as it gives developers and designers the ability to not only theme but modify any app or part of os x. A name will be decided shortly and I'll edit this post with a website for more info on it so I can stop bumping.

Thanks.

You could make a thread so it's easier for us to know when it comes out. :)

bhtwo

macrumors 65816
Dec 31, 2012
Oxford UK
I'm still using ThemePark to theme my mac as I'm still on SL...

I was in touch with FB Eye over at macthemes as I was getting iTunes 11 skins (via Flavours) from him... can't get in touch now macthemes has gone, forever it seems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.