Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lukeman

macrumors newbie
May 21, 2013
It looks like McTube has been pulled from the App Store. I only noticed as my updates had disappeared and I worried I had installed them by accident, but it's clearly no longer listed. Now I wonder who pulled it (Apple or the developer?) and whether it's coming back.

As long as it keeps working I'm happy to continue using it.

rb500gte

macrumors newbie
May 22, 2013
Google (+Apple) forces McTube to remove caching

Wow I'm debating to update as well. I love the cache feature I think I'll wait a little longer before I update mine.

I didn't know that the app was pulled from the app store and I just restored the phone too *feels dumb* is there a web I can go and download the previous version of this app? damn google ..now I cant enjoy the smooth movies and music anymore.

MrGuder

macrumors 68040
Nov 30, 2012
How Do I Backup McTube

Hi,

I still have the old version of McTube (I never updated to the new version), so I hear some say to back up a copy, how do I back up my McTube App that is still working on my iphone. I noticed it still is in my itunes apps folder but how do I back up a copy in case in need it later.

drkash

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2010
UK
For those who don't jail break their iphones, how does one ensure they are able to keep their original McTube app which allows caching once they upgrade to a new iphone? I thought that when you restore from previous backup on new iphone then the apps are just downloaded from iTunes and so the new McTube app (if it ever comes back on iTunes) will be downloaded without the caching function??

JOSE891

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2012
Las Vegas
[/COLOR]
Hi,

I still have the old version of McTube (I never updated to the new version), so I hear some say to back up a copy, how do I back up my McTube App that is still working on my iphone. I noticed it still is in my itunes apps folder but how do I back up a copy in case in need it later.

Do you still have the .IPA? I really need it :) I accidentally updated to the 3.0 version, but I still had the cache feature. So is what like whatever cool. Then my iPhone 5 started giving me problems so I restored it with the 3.0 version I had but I don't have the Cache feature any more :( Would really appreciate it if you could help me. My house is the only place I have fast internet to view/download videos so I could watch them when I take trips ever few weeks, and have spotty/slow/or no internet.

You can find the .IPA when you backup your iPhone @ C:\Users\XXXXX\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Mobile Applications (If you have iTunes 10.)

Last edited:

Sepimber

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2013
Help me. Please

Accidentally I did update the App. The worst decision in my life.

REALLLY, NOBODY TRY TO GET THE NEW APP.

Can anybody publish or share the cache version of Mactube .ipa?

I would be VERYYYYA grateful.

Please, help me.

:)

Che Castro

macrumors 603
May 21, 2009
Try Protuber app, allows cache'ing

Ok I downloaded this app , at first it seemed great

Then I noticed no volume slider on the screen when playing a video , I hate pressing the volume button up & down , is unnecessary just add a damn touch slider
The volume slider does appear in the cache video player

Ok the other thing I don't like if my upload videos are private they won't play in this app

Private uploads work in mctube & mctube also has the volume slider

Everything else about protuber is just like mctube, infact it even looks better
Mctube has that baby brown **** color

So of those 2 things don't bother you get protuber
You can download videos in 1080p or 360p whatever you want just like mctube

I'm sticking with mctube , the no volume slider drives me crazy , the pandora ipad app is like that too

kkari

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2013
Mctube

Hi Everyone!

Anyone has the Mctube .ipa with the caching option and could share it?
My little girl deleted it... :( and i can't find the .ipa file on the iPad. By the way i don't know exactly where to find.
I hope someone has it.

thx

ReanimationN

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2011
Australia
Hi Everyone!

Anyone has the Mctube .ipa with the caching option and could share it?
My little girl deleted it... :( and i can't find the .ipa file on the iPad. By the way i don't know exactly where to find.
I hope someone has it.

thx

Get the MxTube tube app- I'm pretty sure it's made by the same author as McTube and can cache videos once you make the Pro in-app-purchase payment.

ReanimationN

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2011
Australia
Looks like Apple + Google have forced the new McTube app to be taken down. :(

EDIT: nevermind, the developer pulled the app themselves due to critical bugs.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.