Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Dec 20, 2012, 12:16 PM   #1
ocwa1
macrumors newbie

Text Replacement

I'm a fan of this web comic called Homestuck and from that I what to be able to role play with my friends. MSPARP is great but I'd like to be able to us automatic letter replacement with Skype. I was wondering if there was a way for me to change the keyboard in a way that, for example, B and b would be replaced with 6 and o and O would be replaced with 9, so if I typed Bread oven baking bones it would instead print out: 6read 9ven 6aking 69nes. I have already tried Apple's text replacement, and it only works with things separated. It would be nice if a daemon could be made with a tab in the menu to change it. I was thinking about maybe making it a language and being able to select it in the menu bar as well if that's possible. Thanks for all the help you can contribute!
ocwa1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 02:21 AM   #2
Mac_Max
macrumors 6502

Haha I'm not sure if you're going to get much love for trying to create a l33t sp34k keyboard layout.

That said, when I ran a hackintosh laptop I had to inverse the ~ & ` characters (for whatever reason that key was a problem) so I used a program called Ukelele to create a custom keyboard map for my laptop.

http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/p...rsi&id=ukelele
Mac_Max is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming