Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bclizzle

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 29, 2009
So my phone stopped making a sound when i receive texts. No its not set to vibrate... The phone rings upon phone call, but when i receive a text, it just vibrates no matter what. I did the home/power button reset. No help.

Ive toggled the vibrate button on and off multiple times. All of my settings are fine. Not sure whats causing this.

Also, if i use the side volume buttons, the speaker pops up, but no volume level bar appears.

L-Tuned

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2012
So my phone stopped making a sound when i receive texts. No its not set to vibrate... The phone rings upon phone call, but when i receive a text, it just vibrates no matter what. I did the home/power button reset. No help.

Ive toggled the vibrate button on and off multiple times. All of my settings are fine. Not sure whats causing this.

Also, if i use the side volume buttons, the speaker pops up, but no volume level bar appears.

did you just used turn-by-turn?

mikeydeezy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
MN, USA
A bit drastic but at least we can rule out any issues with settings.
You won't lose pictures, emails, apps text etc.

Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset All Settings

Atomick

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2013
Same problem here. First my wife's iPhone 4 a couple weeks ago then my iPhone 4S. Ringer also works fine when called. My sound bar does appear when I try to turn it up. Strange that this has happened to several people. I'm updated to the latest ios software, my wife is still on the last one.

Drich290195

macrumors 6502
Apr 2, 2011
A bug that's been about for ages happens randomly a restart solves it try it and see I know many people with the problem

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.