Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Feb 13, 2013, 01:25 PM   #26
LostMyiPhone
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vastoholic View Post
Oh I agree with the statement personally. It's an odd phenomenon. I'm the quiet introverted type anyway, but I think technology and in a way, smartphones have helped me break out of that, but I do personally think it becomes a crutch for many people including myself. I try to make it a point to not be on my phone when I'm around others.
Yep. I've usually been more outgoing and social myself only recently turning more into an introvert (perhaps cause I'm getting older and don't like a lot of people lol) but I find myself on my phone WAY too much. Granted, I don't have cable TV anymore (hate you time warner) so I get all of my news/world updates from my phone. In fact, I don't even use facebook or any other forms of social media (except the "untapped" app... love that thing) so anytime I'm on my phone it's purely reading something news/techy related and I *still* do it too much.
LostMyiPhone is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 01:29 PM   #27
Sedrick
macrumors 68030

I'll caveat this by saying I'd use my iPhone for a helluva lot more if it had a larger screen.

What I usually do daily:
Get dressed, put phone in my pants pocket.
Get in the car, plug in the phone and put my 4k songs on shuffle.
Get to work, put phone in pocket or a dock to listen to music.
Bathroom break, catch up on an ebook.
Leave work, get in car and plug in the phone and put my 4k songs on shuffle.
Get home, change clothes, put phone on desk until morning.

I do rely on having it to make emergency calls and pizza runs. Also maps if I get lost.

The screen is too small (for me) to:
Browse the internet or forums
Use Maps unless lost
Play any but the simplest of games
Text (keyboard is too small)
Use most of the other 100 apps I have due to size of screen.

I used to have a Razor flip phone that I loved, but also carried an iPod for all my music. Don't wish to go back to carrying two devices.

So, to OP's point: You can't trade the security you have when you can make a call or get directions where ever you are. Other than that, I wouldn't miss it at all.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 06:30 PM   #28
Bmoney86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedrick View Post
I'll caveat this by saying I'd use my iPhone for a helluva lot more if it had a larger screen.

What I usually do daily:
Get dressed, put phone in my pants pocket.
Get in the car, plug in the phone and put my 4k songs on shuffle.
Get to work, put phone in pocket or a dock to listen to music.
Bathroom break, catch up on an ebook.
Leave work, get in car and plug in the phone and put my 4k songs on shuffle.
Get home, change clothes, put phone on desk until morning.

I do rely on having it to make emergency calls and pizza runs. Also maps if I get lost.

The screen is too small (for me) to:
Browse the internet or forums
Use Maps unless lost
Play any but the simplest of games
Text (keyboard is too small)
Use most of the other 100 apps I have due to size of screen.

I used to have a Razor flip phone that I loved, but also carried an iPod for all my music. Don't wish to go back to carrying two devices.

So, to OP's point: You can't trade the security you have when you can make a call or get directions where ever you are. Other than that, I wouldn't miss it at all.
Yea I think in a lot of ways technology has come so far that we need if for things like getting lost or needing to call 911 from any were, but on the other hand it has hurt us in other ways. I for one have seen myself text rather then pick the phone up and talk to someone. It really has made things a lot easier for have a hard conversation that people don't want to have.

Honestly I think I could live without my iphone or smartphone I switch between android and apple, but I really just don't want to. I started the thread just to see what people think about their iPhones. Also it is cool to hear what people think makes their iPhones so special them.
Bmoney86 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone