Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Spikeywan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 11, 2012
You know when you're going through the faces in iPhoto, it only shows you the face with a small area of the original photo around it?

Well, there are some that I need to see the whole photo before I can tell who it is.

Is there a way of seeing the whole photo, without going out of the face-naming bit, and searching for the photo? Doing it this way is going to take me quite some time.

Fanks. :D

Dave Braine

macrumors 68040
Mar 19, 2008
Warrington, UK
Bring up the photo thumbnails in the main iPhoto window. Select a photo. Click on the Name button at the bottom of the window. You can now add names and then go onto the next/previous photo.

Spikeywan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 11, 2012
I haven't got a 'Name' button. :( Well, I can't find one.

I'm running iPhoto 11 (9.4.3)

Macmonter

macrumors regular
Aug 14, 2008
Vermont, USA
iPhoto 11 Faces

Try this: select album with pic > click Info in lower right corner > click Faces in upper right panel > click Add a Face... > adjust box around face and name.

Spikeywan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 11, 2012
Thanks. The only thing is I have to know which photos to pick.

What I'm doing is clicking on 'Faces' in the left column, then 'Find Faces' at the bottom right.

At this point, I'm presented with some faces that iPhoto has found. In order to name the shown face, I need to see the whole photo. How do I get it to show that whole photo?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.