Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jul 31, 2013, 08:44 AM   #26
Mr Rabbit
macrumors 6502
Join Date: May 2013
Location: 'merica
That's awesome news! I'm still a bit shocked that AppleCare didn't do the right thing when you first called in but nevertheless Apple is still taking care of you. Congrats!
Mr Rabbit is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2013, 09:32 PM   #27
macrumors 6502a
Join Date: Oct 2012
That's wonderful news. So glad Apple will help you.

I am definitely buying Apple Care before this MBA is a year old. Peace of mind if nothing else. $170 at L A Computer for AC.
"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses."

-Henry Ford
SusanK is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2013, 04:36 PM   #28
Thread Starter
macrumors member
Join Date: Jul 2008
UPDATE 08/06/13

I managed to send an email to Tim Cook's email address and was contacted by an Apple Executive Relations guy last Tuesday. He told me that Apple was going to make an exception this one time and to give him some time to coordinate with the Apple Authorized Reseller and Service Provider here in my country.

He called back the next day (Wednesday) in the afternoon and told me to bring it in anytime. I took it in on Thursday morning.

So, yesterday afternoon (Monday) I received a call from the technician to let me know that my MBA was ready. I picked it up like half an hour later.

Everything is working fine now. I feel so grateful to Apple right now, I really doubt that another company would've done the same thing.

Now, I don't know if I should keep this MBA or sell it and buy a new one. If I buy a new one it would have the 1 year warranty and I most definitely would end buying Applecare before it runs out.

If I keep this one I would have to take my chances and if anything else fails I would have to repair it from my own pocket.

They gave me a 3 months warranty on the SSD though, the screen is also 3 months old. Everything is working flawlessly and I know that Apple computers are built to last.

I guess I really have to think this thoroughly, I was planning on selling this one and buying the new and redesigned (I hope) MBA in mid-2014. If I sell this one and buy a mid-2013 I would have to wait until sometime in 2015 to replace it again.

I guess I'll take my time on this decision.

Thanks everyone, and long live Apple
netsped is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:56 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013,, LLC