Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr Rabbit

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2013
'merica
That's awesome news! I'm still a bit shocked that AppleCare didn't do the right thing when you first called in but nevertheless Apple is still taking care of you. Congrats!

SusanK

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2012
That's wonderful news. So glad Apple will help you.

I am definitely buying Apple Care before this MBA is a year old. Peace of mind if nothing else. $170 at L A Computer for AC.

netsped

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 8, 2008
UPDATE 08/06/13

I managed to send an email to Tim Cook's email address and was contacted by an Apple Executive Relations guy last Tuesday. He told me that Apple was going to make an exception this one time and to give him some time to coordinate with the Apple Authorized Reseller and Service Provider here in my country.

He called back the next day (Wednesday) in the afternoon and told me to bring it in anytime. I took it in on Thursday morning.

So, yesterday afternoon (Monday) I received a call from the technician to let me know that my MBA was ready. I picked it up like half an hour later.

Everything is working fine now. I feel so grateful to Apple right now, I really doubt that another company would've done the same thing.

Now, I don't know if I should keep this MBA or sell it and buy a new one. If I buy a new one it would have the 1 year warranty and I most definitely would end buying Applecare before it runs out.

If I keep this one I would have to take my chances and if anything else fails I would have to repair it from my own pocket.

They gave me a 3 months warranty on the SSD though, the screen is also 3 months old. Everything is working flawlessly and I know that Apple computers are built to last.

I guess I really have to think this thoroughly, I was planning on selling this one and buying the new and redesigned (I hope) MBA in mid-2014. If I sell this one and buy a mid-2013 I would have to wait until sometime in 2015 to replace it again.

I guess I'll take my time on this decision.

Thanks everyone, and long live Apple :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.