Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rayward

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 13, 2007
Houston, TX
OK, now I got your point!
It seems to only copy one file when it does it's "Copy files to iTunes Media folder" during library import.
You will need to manually move the other file(s) into the same iTunes Media Folder and from there drag&drop onto iTunes. Provided they share the same Content ID, iTunes won't add another icon to the library.
That's the only way I can get it recognise both resolutons and present the Video Quality option in popup menu.
I'm running iTunes 11.0.4.
I know, it's awkward, but at least gives the result you're expecting.

This worked for me on all the movies I'd dual-encoded since the problem started. As it happens, I'd already moved the SD files into the iTunes library for "safe keeping", so all I had to do was open the files in iTunes (drag 'n' drop wouldn't do it) to get it to fly the HD-SD flag.

It's not a lot of work to do this, so I think I'm going to keep encoding the SD version on the standard audio settings and just force it into iTunes as above. One day Apple may fix it...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.