Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
well not in no time. I have the restore take up to 2 hours before I could get all my apps going so 2 to 3 hours.

compare that to an android phone or a windows phone where there's nothing like it out of the box. a decent backup on android requires rooting.

Ann P

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2009
California
I don't use iCloud for Documents, but I'm thrilled it syncs Contacts, Photos, Calendar, etc.,. Makes everything a breeze.

Badrottie

Suspended
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles
I am still learning about iCloud. I use it for Calendar, Contact, and documents for Pages and Keynote. I also use DropBox for storing pictures, small video clips, and documents. :apple:

Nevaborn

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2013
Use icloud constantly. Great for backups and live syncing of information. I often change something and go to do it within a few mins on computer and its already updated.

The let down with all ios devices and Apples current online services is file management and creation.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
I like it but my problem with it is lack of access to what's in it. Every time anyone has a problem with their phone members here and geniuses tell you to restore as new. In that case what use is it?

I have a message bug from iOS 6 and I can't delete 1.7gb of message data out of the cloud without hacking the back up image. If Apple offered a way to just access that I could just delete them from my phone.

Better yet, let me TURN OFF message data from being saved to iCloud just like I can turn on/off everything else!

Oh well

neilmacd

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2010
UK
Apart from the occasional quirky behaviour I'm pretty happy with it. I sync between iPhones, iPads and 2 Macs. My only really annoyance is notifications and badges not updating between devices.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.