Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Does Retina Screen Make Your Eyesight Blurry?

• Yes, Makes My Eyesight Blurry and Watery

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, Using the device has no ill effects on my eyes

Votes: 13 100.0%

• Total voters

touchipods

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 9, 2012
My touch 4g has a yellow tint (although I've read most iOS devices after iPhone 4 tend to have yellow tint). Using touch 4G, my eyes become blurry trying to look far away and watery after using for 30 minutes such as listening to music, watching vids, browsing.

I have a touch 1g (blue tint) to compare and my eyes are fine during and after use. Now the retina is obviously sharp (don't have to zoom in as much) but perhaps it is too much for my eyes?

I do have a screen protector on that might have to do with it. No protector on my touch 1g. Because I can see in the reflection these lines going down the screen. I didn't put the protector on very well. The problem is I also have a cover and it was very hard to put on-don't know if I can take it off again since it is very tight. Perhaps this is the reason?

touchipods

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 9, 2012
I think it's the yellow tint messing up my eyes: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1058035/

Yes, correctly CALIBRATED screens will have a WARMER color temperature. Not YELLOW.

Now, the iPhone was NOT intentionally designed with a "WARMER" screen to appease the masses. It's a quality control issue clearly. If it was suppose to be that way, there would NOT be so much variation or cooler colored screens. Yellow screens on the iPhone don't POP. They are yellow, washed out and lack clarity. I can attest to this. Trust me. I have seen it with my own two eyes.

Believe what you want. If you think a yellow, washed out screen is for you - go for it. I will NOT accept it, ever.

This is what I mean- although I'm talking about the touch. After using it for a bit the touch 4g starts to become blurry and lack clarity. My touch 1g never has this problem.

burgundyyears

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2010
I think it's the yellow tint messing up my eyes: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1058035/

This is what I mean- although I'm talking about the touch. After using it for a bit the touch 4g starts to become blurry and lack clarity. My touch 1g never has this problem.

I really think you need to see an ophthalmologist or optometrist if this persists. Sounds like some sort of eye strain. Have you ever had your eyesight professionally evaluated? If not, or you haven't for a long time, you may need some sort of corrective lenses or corrective lenses update.

twigman08

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2012
Anytime you start noticing your vision getting blurry I would go see a professional about this. It could be the device but your vision is still very important. I would still go see a professional about it. They may know of something or see something that could be causing this.

apfeljonas

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2012
Germany
For me it's the opposite, any non-sharp screen such as my iPad 1st Gen can get me blurry eyesight after around an hour of use.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.