Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

abell

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 25, 2013
I am completely new to burning DVDs. I am trying to burn a powerpoint project to play on a standalone DVD player. I am using Burn and have successfully burned the file to a DVD-R. However, when I try to play it on a DVD player (I've tried 2 different ones) it says that it is unreadable. What am I doing wrong????

I have the newest version of the MacBook Pro.

Nov 28, 2010
located
What exact steps did you take to get the presentation out of PowerPoint and into Burn, and what method/settings did you use in Burn?

A .ppt file is not a video file and even when burnt, it does not become a video file, it is still a data file.

You need to export the presentation as video from PowerPoint and then use that video file in Burn to burn a Video DVD (not a data DVD).

abell

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 25, 2013
Help

Ok here's what I did:

1. The file was saved in Microsoft Powerpoint as a .ppt.

2. I then saved it as a .mov file.

3. I opened Burn and uploaded the .mov file which was then converted to a .mpg file.

4. I changed PALS to NTSC in Burn...not sure if that's important or not.

Burn settings: Video, DVD-Video, DVD theme...What other info do you need?

Thanks for the help!!!!

Nov 28, 2010
located
Ok here's what I did:

1. The file was saved in Microsoft Powerpoint as a .ppt.

2. I then saved it as a .mov file.

3. I opened Burn and uploaded the .mov file which was then converted to a .mpg file.

4. I changed PALS to NTSC in Burn...not sure if that's important or not.

Burn settings: Video, DVD-Video, DVD theme...What other info do you need?

Thanks for the help!!!!

That is exactly as it should be done.

When the finished DVD (the one you burnt) is inside your Mac's optical disk drive (ODD), can you access it via Finder and see a VIDEO_TS folder with VOB, IFO and BUP files in it? Can you play that DVD via VLC Player or even DVD Player?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.