Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brobson

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Dallas
I need a couple of apps for a new teaching job. I have a no contract t mobile deal with my family plan. I realize if i get an iphone i will pay a $50 a month service plan as opposed to the 10 a month now. Should i get a used iphone and if so how much will that run me and how do i enable it? I guess I need a 4 to be safe. Otherwise I can keep my cheap, scotch taped tmobile phone and get an ipod touch 4 and use the apps. Dont i need internet service though to make it work? If someone has the time it would sure mean a lot to me to help me figure this out. Could save me soooo much time etc. teaching if I had this app.
THanks

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
What kind of apps are these? The iPod touch should be fine but you'll need to be connected to wifi if the apps require data usage.

iRetired

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2012
WNY
I'd go with a used iPod Touch rather than an iPhone 4. Both have WiFi but you'd have to activate the phone, thereby incurring a data plan. I imagine your school has WiFi and if you're at a loss on how to use the Touch and download apps, your IT person should be able to help you.

brobson

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Dallas
It's an art app. Does anyone know if an iPod touch could be attached to an overhead projector like an iPad. Gosh I miss my iPad 2! I guess a touch is the way to go if so. I am seeing I have to have an iPhone 5 with t-mobile anyway right? That's not going to be used, I am assuming, since they are new right?
$650 for a phone isnt within reach that's for sure.

KUguardgrl13

macrumors 68020
May 16, 2013
Kansas, USA
An iPod touch should be fine. IT should have the wifi codes for the building available for staff.

With projectors, I've seen lightening to display adapters, so I'm assuming the 30 pin (old connector) adapters are out there. If you have a Micro Center near you they have a whole section on Apple products and accessories. You could also check Amazon. Something like this: Apple Digital AV Adapter (MD098ZM/A)
http://amzn.com/B007IRBNRW

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.