Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SAMtheGAM

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2011
On a 3G device with grandfathered unlimited data, the only option to add mobile hotspot is $20/month for 2 gigs of data for mobile hotspot. On a 4G device with grandfathered unlimited data, the only option to add mobile hotspot is $30/month for unlimited data for the mobile hotspot.

</thread>

Thanks for the post I just added the 4G mobile hotspot for $30 to my unlimited data plan on my iPhone 5. I added it online. I am also surprised I get a discount on the hotspot like I do on rate plan & data plan.

Customer care kept on telling me there is no $30 option just a $20 option for 2 GB. Customer care did tell me that they have offered unlimited data for hotspot for 4G devices before but the option to add it is gone. I recently canceled my unlimited data for $59.99 USB 3G Data Card so the mobile hot spot will come in handy when I have my laptop with me.

SonRK

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2011
I'm thinking about adding this since I have an iPad Mini with me and would like to use the larger screen to do stuff.

How's the battery life? Atrocious as I expect it to be? Or can I squeeze out like some sort of solid 5 hours or something

-edit-
I'm looking at the feature online and my 20% off USPS employee discount doesn't seem to apply to it. Bummer because someone in this topic mentioned their voice/data discounts applied to it as wel

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.