Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals

Old Feb 4, 2013, 10:06 AM   #1
reetcher
macrumors newbie

NEC Monitors and Mountain Lion

So it's past five months or so since Mountain Lion came out and still no support for NEC monitors and it's SpectraView calibrating software. Two questions, first this seems excessively long to fix a problem that is fundamental to working with graphics? Or am I expecting too much?

Second question, is there any work around that doesn't involve buying a new graphics card?

Thanks for any help and or suggestions.

Mac 2008 OS 10.8.2
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 512 MB
NEC LCD2690WUXi Display
reetcher is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 11:21 AM   #2
ralphdaily
macrumors member

I am in same boat with same NEC displays as you. NEC said last year that the fix would have to come from Apple. I think NEC displays are great. Only plan I have is to hope fix is in 10.8.3 and if it's not, maybe get one of the newer NEC displays that have a USB connection and work with Mountain Lion. However, the display still looks pretty good from my last Spectraview calibration last fall which it retains in the LUT. So maybe I just wait longer. In case anyone didn't see NECs notice, here it is from last year.

"Important compatibility notice:
Due to issues with the new Mac OS 10.8 (Mountain Lion) and the recent update to Mac OS 10.7.5, SpectraView II is not able to communicate with the displays on some systems with Nvidia based video chipsets when connected to the DVI inputs on a display. This includes both Thunderbolt (miniDisplayPort) video outputs when using a miniDisplayPort to DVI cable, and DVI to DVI connections. This impacts all MultiSync 80 series, MultiSync 90 series, and the MultiSync P221W models. NEC is currently working with Apple to resolve this issue, which is expected to be fixed in future updates to Mac OS.

The NEC MultiSync PA series and newer MultiSync P series models can utilize a USB connection to the display if necessary.

Customers with impacted systems currently using OS 10.7.4 or earlier are encouraged not to update to OS 10.7.5, or OS 10.8 at this point."

Last edited by ralphdaily; Feb 20, 2013 at 11:36 AM.
ralphdaily is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2013, 10:29 AM   #3
swpmac
macrumors newbie

Is the issue only with NVIDA? I just ordered a new MacPro and I use NEC monitor. Will I have an issue with this(I'm assuming Mountain Lion will be on the new machine)
swpmac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2013, 10:37 AM   #4
ralphdaily
macrumors member

Spectraview Fixed in 10.8.3

10.8.3 fixes the Spectraview calibration some of us (me) were having.
ralphdaily is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals