Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Larouche

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 30, 2012
Montreal, QC, Canada
Hello,
for whatever reason, my DesktopScreenEffectsPref.prefPane disappeared from my PreferencePanes folder. So when I open the System Preferences, the Desktop & Screensaver doesn’t show...

So I was wondering if anyone could just email me the prefPane file? Maybe it would do the trick... I just don’t wanna reinstall my system :(

I’m on Mountain Lion

Please help...
Thanks!

larouche at gmail dot com

davidlv

macrumors 68020
Apr 5, 2009
Kyoto, Japan
Hello,
for whatever reason, my DesktopScreenEffectsPref.prefPane disappeared from my PreferencePanes folder. So when I open the System Preferences, the Desktop & Screensaver doesn’t show...

So I was wondering if anyone could just email me the prefPane file? Maybe it would do the trick... I just don’t wanna reinstall my system :(

I’m on Mountain Lion

Please help...
Thanks!

Download the latest combo OS X installer from Apple's suport page
http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1581
and use it. That should reinstall the pref pane without deleting your data.
Then use the supplemental update to get back to the latest OS X.
http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1600

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Hello,

I’m on Mountain Lion

Please help...
Thanks!

Here is what I think is up... start System Prefs and hold down the Show All button at the top and select Customize from the bottom of the drop down. That will show all pref panes with a check box by each one. If you uncheck a box that pane will no longer show in System Prefs. I bet you have the Desktop & Screensaver one unchecked there. Check it and click done and it will be back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.