Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMikeT

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 8, 2006
California
I was originally going to post in the iOS 7 or OS X forums due to the lack of information that's not coming out of Apple but I figure this would be the best place to discuss this.

So I decided to look in the iOS 7 and OS X forums to look for any discussions about what has come out of Apple but surprisingly, not a whole lot. At this point, it's all rumors and wishes for iOS 7 and hardly a peep about 10.9.

In the past few years, I've gotten accustomed to some sort of leak by now, whether it's a controlled leak or actual leak. So what I'm getting at is the fact that it seems Apple has managed to place a much tighter lid with products and announcements as of late. Other than what's been said since the conference call, supplier reports, and actual rumors and speculation, nothing has come out of Apple regarding upcoming products and announcements.

Could this be Apple going back at least 4 years when it was a tighter ship or just a one off?

irDigital0l

Dec 7, 2010
After how bad Apple was 'doubling down on secrecy' in 2012, I think Tim Cook is defintely 'doubling down on secrecy' in 2013.

Sorta like making up for 2012.

phoenixsan

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2012
I agree....

with both opinions stated in this forum. 10.9, seems to me, maybe can be announced in WWDC 2013, but appears to be a work in progress, moreover based in the rumors of Apple and Apple engineers shifting resources to iOS 7. In that front, all the rumours suggest the overhauling of the interfase, to comply the simplified version of Mr. Jony Ive....

So, as I had said in another forums, we will have to wait and see. Maybe we have to pay attention to The Loop (unofficial but accurate Apple media outlet....:D). Still, I feel informed with my visits to MacRumors.....:):rolleyes:

:):apple:

prizm

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2007
After how bad Apple was 'doubling down on secrecy' in 2012, I think Tim Cook is defintely 'doubling down on secrecy' in 2013.

Sorta like making up for 2012.

They're so secret they're becoming irrelevant. The Apple excitement is going, going gone. I'd never hire Apple to do P.R. or generate any kind of excitement, that's for sure.

Simplicated

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2008
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
They're so secret they're becoming irrelevant. The Apple excitement is going, going gone. I'd never hire Apple to do P.R. or generate any kind of excitement, that's for sure.

I like how negative people can be.

Got rumors? They all suck. Not innovative. Google FTW.
No rumors? They're irrelevant. OMG!

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
But when everything leaked last year people b****** because there were no surprises at the keynotes. Sheesh what do people want?!?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.