Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheShmiggler

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2011
Okay I randomly went on my laptop today , MacBook Pro 10.7.4 and the Internet is stuffing up. It was working perfectly fine up until now but today it had been playing up. The computer says I am connected to the Internet but when I go on safari it says cannot connect to server. I will tell you everything ive done and know to see if that helps. I really need the internet :L

- iPod connects fine to Internet along with other devices in the house ( so is not a router problem)
- I also have google chrome on my computer which is not connecting aswell ( this webpage is not available ), other applications do the same thing (app store).
-it's not a particular website because I have tried many, also tried their IP addresses so the problem doesn't lie there.
-tried to do diagnostics in network settings but it says I am connected fine.
-tried everything from restarting safari, resetting preferences and turning the router off, nothing makes a difference.
-tried connecting the Ethernet cable but safari does the same thing, so it's not just wireless.

Another note is that it is playing up at the same time that adobe after effects is, which is taking ages to load up and stuck on the media code page or whatever. Need to fix that up to because it won't let me export.

Anyway I really need someone's help because I require the Internet for a project, why doe it have to stuff up now :mad:
Thanks for your replies

TheShmiggler

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2011
Can you ping the websites you wish you go to? Both my name and ip?

Okay I tried doing this in terminal on Mac for google.com and one of its ip addresses 216.239.51.99

When I ping the adress it continually pings it and tells me how many bytes are received.
Though when I try the ip adress it pings it but then comes up with a continues flow of request timeout.

Does this have anything to do with it???

Puevlo

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2011
Delete /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and then restart the computer.

JackButler

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2008
It's an old bug in Safari that has never been fixed by apple, for me it's more prevalent in the latest v6.1.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.