Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jul 16, 2014, 08:09 AM   #26
marvinroy
macrumors newbie

Clearview, ibooks and bookreader are the best epub reader.
marvinroy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2014, 10:43 AM   #27
Ritmo
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by onekerato View Post
I'm using Murasaki app for opening EPUBs directly (it doesn't import them into a Library.) Available on Mac App Store. It's priced at $8.
This app also makes some kind of cache file. You can see this by opening couple bigger books and monitoring your disk space.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 11:25 PM   #28
onekerato
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritmo View Post
This app also makes some kind of cache file. You can see this by opening couple bigger books and monitoring your disk space.
I didn't mean cache, I meant Library.

When you open an EPUB with iBooks, BookReader, Clearview, or Calibre, these apps add the EPUB to its own library (thus "importing" the EPUB). For most EPUBs that I only want to skim, the "always imports EPUB" approach is annoying. Thus my preference for Murasaki, which is just a reader and not a library manager. Makes it a faster app too. Of course, you can always just delete the EPUB from your library in any of these apps!

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store