Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JCstudios

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2012
Yes, Sad Fact.

Luckily i have a Macbook Pro.

I wonder how much longer i can keep using this G4 PPC till nothing will basically supports it, or itll be so slow that i cannot bare.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Much as I hate it, my profession and the increasing lagtime of both TenFourFox and Aurorafox will have me purchasing an Intel Mac in the new year with a portion of our tax refund.

I want to keep the style as close as I can to the PowerBooks so I've been looking at a 2009 MBP model that is capable of running Mountain Lion but still has the aluminum body style.

I still plan on using my PowerBooks as browsing machines however. I don't need that much when just surfing around at Starbucks.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Syncmate is actually more Windows Mobile. They've expanded into other areas, including the iPhone now, but it seems the latest version requires Snow Leopard.

I like SyncMate though, I have it on my other Mac and used it to keep my Entourage contacts (through Address Book) synced with my HTC Touch Pro.

skateny

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2012
New York, NY
If you have your calendars and contacts stored on iCloud, the iCloud website works on PowerPC.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1467753/

Thanks. It's just plain crazy that this works. I was able to log in to iCloud using my Apple ID/password. But when I tried to open notes, I got the following message: "To use iCloud Notes, create a new email address by turning on Notes in your iCloud settings using iOS or OS X." Can you tell me what this means?

Thanks again.

skinniezinho

Suspended
Jan 1, 2009
Portugal
Syncmate is actually more Windows Mobile. They've expanded into other areas, including the iPhone now, but it seems the latest version requires Snow Leopard.

I like SyncMate though, I have it on my other Mac and used it to keep my Entourage contacts (through Address Book) synced with my HTC Touch Pro.

As it says on the blog they are working on a new version for powerpc =)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.