Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DrJB

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 5, 2010
Ordered from the AT&T wireless website.
Prices on the refurbs have gone up since then, I guess it was a Black Friday deal.

romeo0119

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2007
Do you remember what time on Friday you order? I order mine on Friday night and it still processing....

MacManTexas56

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2005
I doubt they will extend it for the year.

In Apple's database, they can see exactly when the phone was initially activated. So it would not matter when it was purchased.

I am pretty sure these ATT refubs are store returns and ATT's inventory was piling up.

On my phone, they knew exactly when my phone was activated and exactly when AppleCare+ was added, i.e. the entire history of the phone in Apple's data base.

you go to bestbuy and buy a demo unit, show apple the receipt and they will fix the warranty for it. don't see why couldn't be done on an iPhone either.

DrJB

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 5, 2010
Ordered around 10 am (Eastern) and got a confirmation shortly thereafter.

Jimbo Asprilla

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2009
Ordered mine on Friday too, money taken but my order is still listed as "processing" really not happy at all.

romeo0119

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2007
I guess they are still waiting for customers to return the phones so they can ship it to us lol

jrasero

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2011
NYC
I'm still shocked AT&T refurbs went on sale this quick!

Noted for a future iPhone ...

I wouldn't be since loads of people are sending theirs back through replacements. I sent three phones back. Apple probably has a ton of refurbished iPhones

austin0389

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2009
I ordered Friday at noon eastern time and I too am still getting a "processing" status. Getting a bit antsy over here.

skizo

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2012
I ordered on Friday at 12:15AM PST and my order is still processing.

Last edited:

DoNoHarm

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2008
Maine
This whole refurbished iphone business is a boon to us who plan to use them naked, so they wear in like a nice oak table or well worn camera. My $99 iphone 5 will arrive tomorrow and I couldn't care less if there is a microscopic nick on it's side...

jamesschmidtke

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2008
This whole refurbished iphone business is a boon to us who plan to use them naked, so they wear in like a nice oak table or well worn camera. My $99 iphone 5 will arrive tomorrow and I couldn't care less if there is a microscopic nick on it's side...

there was on mine, but I also go naked so it was less of a big deal..my ipad mini I got the same day was perfect tho

YsoSerious

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2008
a week later and my order is still "Processing".....

Mine says the same thing. I'm gonna call CS today and see what's going on.

Update: I just got off the phone with CS and they said that orders for the refurb iphones are on backorder and they're waiting for new stock. So if you weren't one of the lucky ones that got theirs early this week, you might be ****** out of luck. I think I'm gonna cancel my order.

Last edited:

google

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2007
So I received my handset Wednesday and it had scratches all over the phone and did not include any peripherals but the charger. Called ATT and they told me to take it to Apple and they will replace it without a issue as it will take some time for me to receive my new handset if they were to ship one. They refused to express ship it for me.

I went to Apple and they were ready to exchange it and brought me a new handset and when we got to the point of signing the replacement, it showed someone else's name which prob belongs to the person who owned it first. I am assuming that AT&T did not recycle the phone properly. So I brought it to their attention that it shows another name and at that point they realized that I should not be signing it as that would not be right to sign for someone else.

ATT had also specifically asked me to not activate this device when I am exchanging it and only do it when I get the replacement. So it turns out the Genius (the irony) had activated my handset to get the serial # and agreed to the terms which I did not agreed to even after I mentioned to him that do not activate it as advised by ATT. He could have gotten the serial from the sim card tray if he needed

So am I still liable for this contract, even thou I did not agree to the activation which Apple employee did? They said they will have to get something corrected and will contact me to get my handset replaced. Any suggestions?

jamesschmidtke

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2008
So I received my handset Wednesday and it had scratches all over the phone and did not include any peripherals but the charger. Called ATT and they told me to take it to Apple and they will replace it without a issue as it will take some time for me to receive my new handset if they were to ship one. They refused to express ship it for me.

I went to Apple and they were ready to exchange it and brought me a new handset and when we got to the point of signing the replacement, it showed someone else's name which prob belongs to the person who owned it first. I am assuming that AT&T did not recycle the phone properly. So I brought it to their attention that it shows another name and at that point they realized that I should not be signing it as that would not be right to sign for someone else.

ATT had also specifically asked me to not activate this device when I am exchanging it and only do it when I get the replacement. So it turns out the Genius (the irony) had activated my handset to get the serial # and agreed to the terms which I did not agreed to even after I mentioned to him that do not activate it as advised by ATT. He could have gotten the serial from the sim card tray if he needed

So am I still liable for this contract, even thou I did not agree to the activation which Apple employee did? They said they will have to get something corrected and will contact me to get my handset replaced. Any suggestions?

google speaks the truth, att will direct you to apple, if you have any dissatisfaction with your hand set. Their iphone5 refurb program is some ghetto a** sh**. My belief, is that your phone is not a "refurb" it is straight up a return that they wrap in plastic, they slap a white sticker over the back of the original apple box and throw away the top. Your headphones are most likely new (if you're lucky to get them), but like google says, if the owner previously didn't return them you may not get them at all. the charger is all they are required to give most likely.

google

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2007
google speaks the truth, att will direct you to apple, if you have any dissatisfaction with your hand set. Their iphone5 refurb program is some ghetto a** sh**. My belief, is that your phone is not a "refurb" it is straight up a return that they wrap in plastic, they slap a white sticker over the back of the original apple box and throw away the top. Your headphones are most likely new (if you're lucky to get them), but like google says, if the owner previously didn't return them you may not get them at all. the charger is all they are required to give most likely.

So am I still liable for contract even thou I did not accept the EULA about the contract when you activate the phone?

dave420

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2010
So am I still liable for contract even thou I did not accept the EULA about the contract when you activate the phone?

Yes you are liable. If you don't want the phone then return it. Your contract started when you ordered/received the phone. Do you think if they sent you a phone and you just left it in a drawer then you wouldn't be liable for the contract?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.