Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Dec 4, 2012, 08:40 PM   #76
bogatyr
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMoonForever View Post
People on Verizon need to use HSPA+ then maybe they'll understand. Its not "4G" though, I'll admit that, but its sure fast. Who cares if its 3g technology. It can compete with LTE. Like I said, I can pull 10 down on H+. Some Verizon markets are getting so flooded with LTE users they can't even pull 5 down.
Yep, H+ is fast. It's at the point that anything faster on a phone is wasted outside speed tests. I still prefer Verizon, not the least of which is due to unlimited tethering LTE. Otherwise I wouldn't need LTE on my phone...

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryL View Post
Are you on the $30 tether plan? ($30 unlimited data + $30 tether). The old $20 tether plan had a 2GB max, but from what I read the $30 has no cap right?
If you have unlimited data on an LTE phone and add the $30 tether feature, it is also unlimited. The 20/mo 2GB plan was a 3G feature. 3G hasn't had unlimited tethering for a long time.

I use upwards of 80GB/mo on some months with mine. Makes up the cost of the full price phone very quickly. I also have 3 pay per GB LTE EHWICs for work which run $400-$1000/mo depending on the work load of the locations using them.

The only thing I don't like about Verizon is the requirement of phone manufacturers to add in extra hardware for Voice+Data. But unlimited LTE tethering trumps everything.
bogatyr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 09:29 PM   #77
xA4Hx
macrumors member

I think eventually everyone on vz unlimited plans going to find a way to get screwed over , if I thought it would last forever I would switch to vz but speeds just ain't there.
xA4Hx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 08:39 AM   #78
BarryL
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xA4Hx View Post
I think eventually everyone on vz unlimited plans going to find a way to get screwed over , if I thought it would last forever I would switch to vz but speeds just ain't there.
I agree, I think Verizon wants everyone on a tierd plan.. But at least they cannot force a change for grandfathered users.

Verizon speeds are awesome. I have a AT&T LTE iPad, for me speed tests are faster on my Verizon LTE iPhone 5.. Could be me, but Verizon's LTE is everywhere.
BarryL is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone