Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Mar 14, 2013, 01:56 PM   #226
john500y2k
macrumors newbie

There are lots of posts on the apple community forum as of 20 or so mins ago. An SMC update has been released for the rMBP.

Users are reporting positive things post update. Several users did "that" song test and have confirmed their problem has gone away.

What more can I say than update and test away guys.
john500y2k is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2013, 01:57 PM   #227
sigeats
macrumors newbie

My Take

. . . just installed the new update.

Same fan issue using MassTransit after the update, but maybe the issue I was having wasn't related to the problems others are having.
sigeats is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2013, 02:03 PM   #228
XandeR803
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigeats View Post
. . . just installed the new update.

Same fan issue using MassTransit after the update, but maybe the issue I was having wasn't related to the problems others are having.
I'm not sure your issue is rMBP-specific. I have a 2011 MBP and MBA that exhibit the same fan behaviour when copying large files. I think it might be something in ML
XandeR803 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2013, 02:12 PM   #229
sigeats
macrumors newbie

My Take

. . . good to hear. If it's ML, then my MBP Retina is perfect.

Thanks . . . maybe 10.8.3 will fix my issue, but it's really not a big deal.
sigeats is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2013, 04:31 PM   #230
maxosx
macrumors 68020

Three Cheers For Apple

For the first time in awhile I can write a post that makes me very happy to acknowledge the good work Apple does.

Just the kind of post I love to write.

For years the Apple I knew was a very classy, accomplished, stellar manufacturer of computers. Before the i...days.

They never came out and slandered the competition, they didn't have an Army Of Lawyers waiting at their beckon call to launch another lawsuit, they simply focused on great computers and software.

Now with the advent of the Apple vs the World... War that exists, sadly there's more rumors and news around litigation than innovation.

If Auto Manufacturers decided to launch into that petty type of horseplay... we'd all up in arms. Copying is a cornerstone of any industry. It's simply the High-Tech types that have made it into a Drama filled Battle.

Anyway, back to the Good News.

As most everyone knows, Apple issued an update yesterday along with 10.8.3 that fixed the runaway fan problem of my brand spanking new MBP retina that was far worse than even I realized until today.

Why? Because today is the _first day_ I'm not having fans revving to the max, randomly roaring for a few minutes, then returning to normal. A pattern that was occurring several times per hour as it got worse and worse.

Today it's fixed thanks to Apple's taking things seriously, issuing an update in a reasonable amount of time and thus, putting the fun back into spending 3K on a new Mac.

Thanks Apple!
maxosx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2013, 05:09 PM   #231
handheldgames
macrumors 6502a

Run 3 displays and the iOS simulator simultaneously to activate the hidden space heater mode.
Old May 16, 2013, 02:04 AM   #232
tonygcan
macrumors newbie

Overactive FAN

I experienced my first incident of an overactive fan on my rMBP tonight while working in Lightroom and with iPhoto open. The fan went on full for about 5 minutes before I shut down and rebooted. The fan started again for about a minute and then stopped.

Wondering what this is about.
tonygcan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2013, 01:36 PM   #233
jamesst20
macrumors newbie

This update fix the issue on Macbook Pro Retina 15'' with Sandisk's SSD

http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1559
jamesst20 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion