Christie of NJ is done for - Page 5 - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Old Jan 20, 2014, 10:06 PM   #101
Huntn
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technarchy View Post
GWB never went through OCS, or ROTC. He got a direct commission without being a doctor, lawyer, nurse or scientist.

As someone who earned their commission the hard way, W's military service credibility is dubious to cringe worthy.

Though at least he made it though basic and flight school, which is a hell of lot more than what Obama and Clinton were doing at the same time.
Who you (or your parents) know...
Huntn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2014, 10:46 PM   #102
Technarchy
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIVEFRMNYC View Post
Yea and a good portion of Bush's military records were also conveniently lost.
True, but if he was all ate up in basic or flight school there would have been no shortage of people coming forward to talk about it. Doubly so since he got a silver spoon commission, which irritates a hell of a lot of people, me included.

Hell everyone that serves remembers that one guy who got smoked all to hell for being a dirty mouth breather. I got stories to this day. I'm inclined to believe that person wasn't W.
Steve Jobs, January 9th 2007, 10:44am: "We filed for over 200 patents for all the inventions in iPhone and we intend to protect them."
Technarchy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2014, 03:04 AM   #103
CaptMurdock
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technarchy View Post
The investigation committee lists seven separate intelligence reports in the run-up to the attacks warning of possible security threats.
All of which were made available to Ambassador Stevens prior to his going to the Benghazi consulate. He was aware of the security risks, aware of possible inadequate protection and decided to go anyway.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 03:06 AM   #104
Sydde
macrumors 68000

At least we know that St. Ronnie was clearly a war hero, we have plenty of film evidence of that.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 03:39 AM   #105
Solomani
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugg View Post
Well, this opera seems to be over, at a least once the fat man sings and he has no choice now.
Done for? Umm, not necessarily.

You forget the fact that many politicians have resiliency, for example Bill Clinton had scandal after scandal, none of which ended his career or prematurely ended his Presidency.

You also forget the fact that… THE REASON that politicians have resiliency (that they can be involved in boneheaded scandals and still come back electable) is because the American Electorate have short memories.

I've said nothing untrue.
Solomani is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2014, 08:15 AM   #106
iJohnHenry
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomani View Post
I've said nothing untrue.
You haven't, but quite often the miscreant is the best of a bad lot.

The system assures that the solids rise to the top of the septic tank.
iJohnHenry is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2014, 02:53 PM   #107
rdowns
macrumors Penryn

Being from NY, this has been headline news everyday, not to mention the 3 or 4 other scandals in waiting that have come out. Now I'll agree, he's done for.

Christie Knew About Lane Closings, Ex-Port Authority Official Says

Quote:
The former Port Authority official who personally oversaw the lane closings on the George Washington Bridge in the scandal now swirling around Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey said on Friday that the governor knew about the lane closings when they were happening, and that he had the evidence to prove it.

In a letter released by his lawyer, the official, David Wildstein, a high school friend of Mr. Christie’s who was appointed with the governor’s blessing at the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, which controls the bridge, described the order to close the lanes as “the Christie administration’s order” and said “evidence exists as well tying Mr. Christie to having knowledge of the lane closures, during the period when the lanes were closed, contrary to what the governor stated publicly in a two-hour press conference” three weeks ago.

“Mr. Wildstein contests the accuracy of various statements that the governor made about him and he can prove the inaccuracy of some,” the letter added.

The letter marked the first signal that Mr. Christie may have been aware of the closings, something he repeatedly denied during a two-hour press conference earlier this month.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 10:42 AM   #108
Huntn
macrumors 604

$1.8 BILLION in municipal bonds misappropriated? -_-

Second Bridge Investigation Linked to Chris Christie

Quote:
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, still reeling from a scandal involving the George Washington Bridge, is the subject of a second bridge investigation. This inquiry concerns possible securities law violations from a $1.8 billion road repair agreement in 2011 on the Pulaski Skyway, an elevated roadway connecting Newark and Jersey City, New Jersey, and was first reported by The New York Times.
Another Bridge Scandal Is Rocking Chris Christie's Administration

Quote:
Investigators are scrutinizing the accuracy of the access road description as a possible violation of the Martin Act, a New York State law that carries felony charges for intentionally deceiving bond holders, according to the Times. The probe could also result in civil action under the Martin Act or by the SEC under federal securities laws.
Huntn is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues