Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
I have quite a bit of saddleback gear ....

as far as bags go I have a large DCB classic that is my daily driver and I use it the most. I trudged this badboy through the sandbox for over 18 months and it still looks spectacular.

When I need to slim up I have a medium thing briefcase which can still fit a surprising amount of gear.

Ultimately I am a sucker for things that age well instead of age and require replacement. My only real reservation / warning is that the bags get heavy ... so that part is not for everyone but perfectly tolerable for me.

LushMojo

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2008
Camden, Maine
Here's my Saddleback brief:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lushmojo/4998388915/

I dislike their new stuff intensely (prominent logos and such). I had them shorten the center strap on this bag and it's the only piece I have left (out of several other bags and luggage). Alas, I will no longer support Dave or SBL. Still love this bag though; it's like butter.

I greatly prefer my Renaissance Leather iPad bag or Waterfield Design Muzetto for carrying my iPad while I'm in medical school. Going light is key for me and SBL is many things, but light it ain't.

----------

Also, if you're going to get one of their briefs get one with the longer traveller flap. The regular length front flaps just look silly

hideous cheese

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2012
I had concerns about logo prominence too - I prefer very understated branding - and indeed I asked about them removing this before I purchased my dark coffee brown case.

It is actually quite discrete and I like the case overall. If they bring in some customisation then I'd likely consider additional products from SBL

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.