Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Sep 3, 2013, 06:22 AM   #301
superstarmc
macrumors regular

I could kids jumping all over a phone like this who want something stylish but doesn't care about it being metal or glass. My daughter is of them. It's not for me I just bought an htc one but they wouldn't release it if they didn't believe there was a market for it.
superstarmc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2013, 07:38 AM   #302
MN1974
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionjohn View Post
Am I the only one who's like, damn, iOS 7 looks ugly on these shots!
You are not alone, buddy.. you are not alone...
Like somebody said, it looks like iOS7 has been 'fisherpriced'.

MacBook Pro 15 (6,2) 2.4 GHz - 8GB RAM - 500 GB HD
iPhone 5 32GB - iPad 2 3G 64GB - Airport Extreme + Airport Express - AppleTV (2nd Gen)
MN1974 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2013, 08:23 AM   #303
Keerock
macrumors member

Fake.

Please don't bother commenting on how bad these look. They are 100% fakes. The simulated "screens" aren't even consistent and Apple would NEVER package with that graphic. So relax....
Keerock is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2013, 08:29 AM   #304
attila
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keerock View Post
Please don't bother commenting on how bad these look. They are 100% fakes. The simulated "screens" aren't even consistent and Apple would NEVER package with that graphic. So relax....
Continue dreaming
Old Sep 3, 2013, 08:44 AM   #305
MH01
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanmanas View Post
This is going to hurt Android a lot. Its going to be a good chance for many android users to discover what a smooth GUI is.
They can do that now with the current 5. And given the 5C will probably cost the same as a HTC one or S4..... I do not see android users seeing the light. The HTC one is actually a better phone then the 5, and probably the 5S. We got a year to wait for the 6 to bring something better out

----------

Quote:
ha ha ha ha ha. Thats the finished product right there.
MH01 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2013, 11:51 AM   #306
ionjohn
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Mmm dude, everything is real. You better figure that out or you'll gonna get depressed next tuesday

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN1974 View Post
You are not alone, buddy.. you are not alone...
Like somebody said, it looks like iOS7 has been 'fisherpriced'.
Apple is going down
ionjohn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2013, 02:12 PM   #307
Keerock
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionjohn View Post
Mmm dude, everything is real. You better figure that out or you'll gonna get depressed next tuesday

----------

Apple is going down
Short the stock then... I'll enjoy knowing you will.
Keerock is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2013, 09:04 PM   #308
thealch3m1st
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilryan10788 View Post
Does it stand for cheap or for crap?
I think it's pretty obvious it stands for Color.
thealch3m1st is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2013, 10:21 PM   #309
bozzykid
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by MH01 View Post
They can do that now with the current 5. And given the 5C will probably cost the same as a HTC one or S4.....
I'm confused by your post. The S4 cost around $650 which is the same as the iPhone 5. The whole point of the 5C is to provide it to emerging markets and markets where customers pay full price for their phones. No way this phone is anywhere near $650. It has to be $450 or lower or there is very little point to creating the device.
bozzykid is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2013, 06:17 AM   #310
spicynujac
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by appleisking View Post
No it doesn't. Nexus 4 is a year old phone and only available on the playstore at that price. As long as the price doesn't go to carriers, it's not competitive at all. Besides Apple doesn't give two rats about pricing, see iPad mini for comparison.
We will know soon, but it seems that the iphone 5S will be the "new" phone and the 5C will be essentially the "year old" phone--rumors are saying it is basically an iphone 5 in a new plastic body.
spicynujac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2013, 06:29 AM   #311
spicynujac
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by munakib View Post
Apple never said its the "cheap" iPhone, they will spin it as the Coloured variant of its popular phone still maintaining iPhone 5's specs.

If it has the specs of iPhone 5, as per the leaks, they cant justify the price of the iPhone 5 at 549, which is currently at 649. I think 449 would be what Apple wants it to be, they may reduce it to 399 just to counter google nexus 4's competitive pricing - this to me would still seem unlikely, given how Apple doesnt respond to market pricing instead they defend their product's strength.
We'll see what Apple says about the phone in a few days, but every media story I have seen calls it the "budget" iphone--that is the purpose of this phone--not colors. In fact, the 5S will come in alternate colors--gold. The purpose of 5C is to be a budget device. It should be around $300 if you ask me. Nexus 4 is $200. Ipod touch is around $230. Why should Iphone 5C be any more than $300? Compass, GPS chip and cell radio don't cost that much.
spicynujac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2013, 10:26 AM   #312
aerobyravol
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjsterilite View Post
Actually, mine never came with one. Not even my white box replacement. I think they did stop supplying them in the subsidized models. Not too sure about unlocked models. The fact they come with sim tools might be indicative of how you're more likely to be sold off contract than subsidized.
Mine came with. Even locked models. I guess it's a US thing, packaging without SIM removing tool.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicynujac View Post
(...) I have seen calls it the "budget" iphone--that is the purpose of this phone--not colors. In fact, the 5S will come in alternate colors--gold. The purpose of 5C is to be a budget device. (...)
Not sure about this one.
Indeed, Apple targets Chinese Market with that iPhone.
And in China, not only the price is to be attractive, but also colors.

Otherwise, they could just sell former models at lower price - spares the costs of a new Product Line.
aerobyravol is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2013, 10:32 AM   #313
OneMike
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozzykid View Post
No way this phone is anywhere near $650. It has to be $450 or lower or there is very little point to creating the device.
I agree with that. I don't see price going above $399.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 02:16 PM   #314
dona83
macrumors regular

My coworker has iOS7 Beta, it looks and works great. Very colourful sure, but I've adapter to it.

If the 5C packaging is really iPod Touch-esque, I have hope they are planning for people to buy the phone at any retail store casually, no contract required, just pop in any (nano?) SIM card from any carrier and away you go.
dona83 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2013, 02:22 PM   #315
bozzykid
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjsterilite View Post
Actually, mine never came with one. Not even my white box replacement. I think they did stop supplying them in the subsidized models. Not too sure about unlocked models. The fact they come with sim tools might be indicative of how you're more likely to be sold off contract than subsidized.
Apple stopped providing SIM removal tools to iPhones that come with a SIM pre-installed. Even the T-Mobile unlocked iPhone has a SIM pre-installed so it didn't come with a SIM tool. Probably the only one that still does is the regular unlocked GSM version.
bozzykid is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion