Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Liquorpuki

macrumors 68020
Jun 18, 2009
City of Angels
No. Facebook's strategy = monitor what other social networks are doing to differentiate themselves, then copy it and integrate it. Either that or they acquire the company like they did w/ Instagram. Instagram copying Vine by integrating video recording is an example of FB's strategy at work.

They're basically a fast follower nobody can do anything about because they also happen to be the market leader.

malman89

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Michigan
Slowly and painfully due to apathy most likely.

The other option is some revolutionary, yet popular (unlike G+ launch), alternative.

As someone who is just 24 and graduated in May '11, I found my Facebook use plummet after graduation. Same for my friends. We have less time to kill stalking each other, I suppose. I don't really even post any updates and the same can be said for many of my friends who could have been former FB addicts in college.

I would fully dump it if it weren't still a popular option to coordinate events among people - especially if visiting friends in another city or similar.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
Facebook only still exists cause of massive login and "like" integration from mobile games, blogs, and etc. But even that's starting to fade away.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.