Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jent

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 31, 2010
I have the iPhone 4 and iPhoto '09. Every few weeks I connect my iPhone and import my camera roll photos. For some reason the photos show up when I connect my iPhone but the Import Selected and Import All buttons are grayed out. Any idea why this might be? Thanks!

daniel2828

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2007
Try this...

Quit iPhoto. Open the Activity Monitor and search for PTPCamera and quit the process. Go to System > Library > Image Capture > Devices and double-click PTPCamera to restart it. Plug in your iPhone.

This usually works for me.

DARKiLLUSiON

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2007
Toronto, Canada
Quit iPhoto. Open the Activity Monitor and search for PTPCamera and quit the process. Go to System > Library > Image Capture > Devices and double-click PTPCamera to restart it. Plug in your iPhone.

This usually works for me.

Thank you so much for the suggestion!! It does the trick after googling/searching endlessly for a fix.

awb

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2012
I have an iphone 4 and running ML on my MBP. I am using iphoto 09. The solution mentioned above worked for me when my photos would not transfer from iphone to Mac. Only problem is it only worked once and then I had to reset it again.

Is there a way to fix this so it stays fixed?

Thanks.

awb

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2012
I think I may have found the answer in another forum. The suggestion was to turn off bluetooth. I did that and the photos downloaded into itunes. Hope that keeps working.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.