Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

james714

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 16, 2008
Hi,

I recently purchased a new macbook and the LaCie Network Space 2 NAS. Earlier yesterday, I put my old MBA itunes library into the the NAS and migrated to my new MBA. Upon trying to sync, iTunes would freeze at Step 4 of 5 with "Determining tracks to sync." After a few minutes, it would automatically cancel the synchronization process.

I tried to turn off the wifi sync and plugged my iphone directly into my new MBA, and still no dice. I know the NAS is working since I was able to play a few different music off the NAS.

Anyone encounter this issue before? Any help is appreciated.

James

LaCieTech

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2012
Hi,

I recently purchased a new macbook and the LaCie Network Space 2 NAS. Earlier yesterday, I put my old MBA itunes library into the the NAS and migrated to my new MBA. Upon trying to sync, iTunes would freeze at Step 4 of 5 with "Determining tracks to sync." After a few minutes, it would automatically cancel the synchronization process.

I tried to turn off the wifi sync and plugged my iphone directly into my new MBA, and still no dice. I know the NAS is working since I was able to play a few different music off the NAS.

Anyone encounter this issue before? Any help is appreciated.

James

Hi James,

Do you have a large library? It sounds like this may be an iTunes issue specifically but since you confirmed the files are fine on the NAS, it may be a bandwidth thing.

If you have a large amount of files, when your computer tries to sync with the NAS it opens up multiple files at once and the Network Space may be overloaded by requests.

Try a regular drag and drop copy of some (or all) of the music onto your MBA and then integrate that into iTunes or, if you're looking to have all the data remote, try breaking it up into smaller groups and syncing one group at a time.

Also be sure to have a backup, a complete second copy of the music on another drive, just in case your computer or NAS encounter an issue.

~mn, LaCie

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.