Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ninja9

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2012
A little background—my wife and I share the same Apple ID for purchases. We've got three Macs (two MBAs and a mini).

When 10.8 gets released on the App Store, is there any way we can buy and download the installer once rather than once per computer (a 4GB download rather than 12GB)?

I'm assuming that the App Store will download the installer and then it is just a matter of copying the installer to each computer.

Just curious if anyone else did this with Lion.

Mickey8297

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2009
PA
Yes, when you download the installer, just copy it to your other Macs with a flash drive or something similar.

Hundo

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2007
Multiple Computers and Multiple Accounts

I know this is an older thread, but it is the most relevant.

Does this work for multiple accounts? I am planning to upgrade my cousin's laptop in a couple weeks to 10.8 (which I have on a USB drive for my own computers), but her internet access is not that great. Can she purchase 10.8 from the App Store to get it on her account and then use my USB to upgrade the laptop?

Edit: By multiple accounts I mean Multiple Apple IDs.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I know this is an older thread, but it is the most relevant.

Does this work for multiple accounts? I am planning to upgrade my cousin's laptop in a couple weeks to 10.8 (which I have on a USB drive for my own computers), but her internet access is not that great. Can she purchase 10.8 from the App Store to get it on her account and then use my USB to upgrade the laptop?

Edit: By multiple accounts I mean Multiple Apple IDs.

Yes, that will work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.