Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DoctorK4

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2011
I placed my order the day BTS was announced, got my computer a week ago but still haven't received the gift card in the mail. It shipped 10 days ago. :(

Suraj R.

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2013
Canada
Has anyone else who had called to get their gift card not receive it yet? I haven't received mine....

Still haven't, ordered on the 28th and received (BTO Air) on the 2nd. Believe I called for it on the 3rd or 4th and still haven't gotten it.

Ifti

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2010
UK
I got the gift card with the actual system - in a separate package, but both delivered together.

mj1108

macrumors 6502a
Apr 7, 2007
California
Still haven't, ordered on the 28th and received (BTO Air) on the 2nd. Believe I called for it on the 3rd or 4th and still haven't gotten it.

I know they said it would be within 3 weeks on the phone, so I have another week or so left. I just figured it would have been here already seeing other people who called in had already received their's.

Suraj R.

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2013
Canada
I know they said it would be within 3 weeks on the phone, so I have another week or so left. I just figured it would have been here already seeing other people who called in had already received their's.

That's what I thought too, but whatever its only been 10 days max. Still have another 11, it'll come.

childoftheko4n

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2011
Does anyone know when this typically ends?

I want to get a 15" rMBP, but if possible take advantage of BTS and tax free weekend in August...

catalyst07

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2013
Ordered custom macbook air on Thursday, received back to school gift card on Saturday and computer on Tuesday.

tssguy123

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2013
Crossposting from thread I made.

I have to brag on Apple CS for a minute. I ordered my 2013 13" Air on the 24th of June. The Back To School promo started the 2nd of July. I called them today, and was told by the wonderful lady who helped me that they, unfortunately, could not hook me up with a gift card. After a short talk with her supervisor, she offered me a coupon on a future order, then asked if I needed any accessories for my new Mac. I told her that I could do with an HDMI adapter or Magic Mouse. She happily sent me both of them, and they'll be here Monday/Tuesday.

I didn't realize that the original promo was for App store stuff. I feel like I really, really lucked out on this one. $105 worth of actual items, not crappy apps. :)

bravenewmac

macrumors member
May 19, 2010
uh i just ordered a mac via apple aoc - and while iam a student @ a university that takes part in aoc i don´t have any proof of it just yet (because the scool starts at the end of the year and iam in my 1 semster)

sooo does apple ever contact me to get proof or something?

irDigital0l

Dec 7, 2010
uh i just ordered a mac via apple aoc - and while iam a student @ a university that takes part in aoc i don´t have any proof of it just yet (because the scool starts at the end of the year and iam in my 1 semster)

sooo does apple ever contact me to get proof or something?

What's aoc?

I ordered on their store and picked up and my local Apple Store. Didn't ask for proof or anything.

The guy was actually really nice and just asked me if I was using it for college/if it was my first Mac.

bravenewmac

macrumors member
May 19, 2010
What's aoc?

I ordered on their store and picked up and my local Apple Store. Didn't ask for proof or anything.

The guy was actually really nice and just asked me if I was using it for college/if it was my first Mac.

aoc = apple on campus. They allow you to save even more money than apple edu. In the end when i sell the 80 Euro itunes card for 70 Euros i saved nearly 300 euros over the normal store price on the air

mattferg

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2013
FINALLY got my giftcard today :) And I ordered about 5 minutes before the WWDC keynote finished hehe xD

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.