Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MobileRVer

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2013
Getting Wifi at hotel to connect AppleTV

A device i use for travel in hotels and also use in my RV is wifiRanger GO - https://www.wifiranger.com/solutions/travel-wifi This solved my problem of getting my appletv connected.

This device takes the signal offered by hotel, or other hotspot and then allows you to connect any and all your devices to it. You can setup using your laptop or other device and then you have your own secure hotspot hub. I am not an employee of the manufacture, but an active traveler and now an ambassador for this company since i belive in sharing information on the best tech that may help others.

if you use my ambassador code - WFRAMB505 when you order, you will get an additional discount on top of any other sales or discounts you find online.

If you look into this solution - while the hardware is great, what got me was the software running the router. It is the only one that i found that has an intelligent solution to look at signal strength and move to other sources of wifi should something fail or dropout.
John

Southern Dad

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
Shady Dale, Georgia
I find this thread as I'm packing my bag for a business trip for the next couple days. I hadn't thought of the browser issue to log in. I better make sure that I have a ethernet cable just in case although it may require a log on in too.

russgold

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2012
I always bring my Macbook Pro with me and do the following.

Code:
Go to System Preferences > Sharing > Internet Sharing

Share connection from Wi-Fi to computers using Ethernet
or
Share connection from Ethernet to computers using Wi-Fi

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.