Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacIke

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 6, 2003
The Frigid Wasteland of MN
I have a three year old iPad 1 64GB wifi only in mint cond with applecare still on it through Nov.
I have a 64GB iPod Touch 3rd Gen which is really showing signs of age.

I would like to buy an iPad with wireless cell on it.

I can buy an iPad3 32G (Apple Referb) or iPad2 (new) with 64G.

I use my iPod the most.

Which should I buy?

Last edited:

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
Which should I buy?
Whichever fits your requirements best. You haven't provided any such info so it's impossible to really make a meaningful recommendation. These aren't one-size-fits-all matters with one answer that suits everyone. You might as well flip a coin.

MacIke

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 6, 2003
Whichever fits your requirements best. You haven't provided any such info so it's impossible to really make a meaningful recommendation. These aren't one-size-fits-all matters with one answer that suits everyone. You might as well flip a coin.

I watch some videos. View some pictures. Will take lots of pictures.

I use it for writing (Pages), a few games (nothing graphic intensive except maybe DodgeDot), Numbers, reading on iBooks, Reddit picts.

Use safari mostly for grading work online, some facederp,

My current iPad has been a 70% replacing my laptop while going places.

My current iPad has 25G of Audio, 23G of Video, 8G of apps

AlterZgo

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2011
Clearly, you keep your devices for a while if you are still using an iPad 1 and 3rd gen iPod Touch.

In light of this, I would say get the most current device so you can continue to get as much usable life out of it as possible. I would go for a 64 GB iPad 4th Gen if I were in your shoes. A couple hundred bucks over the course of 3 yrs is nothing if you really use the device daily.

MacIke

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 6, 2003
Clearly, you keep your devices for a while if you are still using an iPad 1 and 3rd gen iPod Touch.

In light of this, I would say get the most current device so you can continue to get as much usable life out of it as possible. I would go for a 64 GB iPad 4th Gen if I were in your shoes. A couple hundred bucks over the course of 3 yrs is nothing if you really use the device daily.

Thanks. You actually convinced me of this. I will save another $200 and buy. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.