Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch > iPod touch Accessories

Old Apr 6, 2012, 09:05 AM   #1
Ellsolan
macrumors newbie

Peels [iPT 4G]

Hello all. I'm currently considering buying a peel for my iPod Touch.

Currently, the model of peels I'm mostly interested in is the Coming C Peel T288, as it seems to have EDGE speeds, and less bugs.

Anyone have one of these or any other peel? What's your opinion as a user of the respective peel?

Cheers
Ellsolan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2012, 07:30 PM   #2
Slinkwyde
macrumors regular

I haven't used a Peel, but EDGE is very slow. It's a 2G connection technology that was outdated in 2007. The norm today is 3G, with some people having 4G.
Slinkwyde is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2012, 03:57 AM   #3
AppleDroid1008
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slinkwyde View Post
I haven't used a Peel, but EDGE is very slow. It's a 2G connection technology that was outdated in 2007. The norm today is 3G, with some people having 4G.
Edge might be slow, but it's better than having nothing on the iPod Touch. Not to mention you can save a ton of money by putting it on a prepaid. You can take it straight to T-Mobile for $50 unlimited talk/text and data(2G) speeds. Compare that to what Verizon, Sprint or ATT offer for the iPhone. It's not as good as an iPhone any real phone for that matter but it's better.

Another thing you could do is buy a mobile hotspot and use talkatone with google voice for text message and it requires no root.

You can also buy a cheap Android like an LG Optimus T for T-Mobile, and use the wifi hotspot built into the phone. For $30 you can get 5GB of fast internet plus all the slow 2G.

I actually want to get a peel, not for any other reason but to have it. I guess I kinda like the idea of using the touch as a phone even though Apple would frown on that idea. I already have a Mytouch 4G which is better spec wise to all the ipod touches so it's not really an improvement but I just want to lol
AppleDroid1008 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2012, 04:24 PM   #4
Slinkwyde
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleDroid1008 View Post
Edge might be slow, but it's better than having nothing on the iPod Touch. Not to mention you can save a ton of money by putting it on a prepaid.
So get a prepaid 3G MiFi. Problem solved.
Slinkwyde is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch > iPod touch Accessories