Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ManicMarc

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2012
What makes Apple Unique is that they don't make 50 product lines in the hope that someone, somewhere will like it. They make only a few products that they really believe in.

It's credit to Samsung for making this an 'issue' for Apple in the media. When the iPhone first came out, NO ONE complained about the screen size, as we were all used to hitting even smaller buttons on our Blackberrys. Now Android has almost (finally) caught up with iOS, 6 years later, the only 'innovation' they can really make is screen size - this is bringing LCD TV Marketing to smartphones. Bigger is apparently better (personally I hate it when a screen dominates a room, unless its a cinema!)

I really don't want a bigger phone, and I wish the iPhone 5 had stayed the same. Size doesn't matter - it's what you do with it that counts.

----------

Don't forget Apple said 7" tablets were dead on arrival, and boy was Jobs wrong. They came out with a 7.85" tablet and voila they are magical again. I call BS where it stands, they got scared of lost market share and rolled out a product to get some of it back. There is no reason not to do the same with a larger screen iPhone, it won't eat the iPad mini sales, it will still fit nicely between the two.

Jobs also said tablets were just toys for rich guys. People's opinions change, and you don't tell your competitors what ideas you think will work!

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Apple doesn't need a bigger phone; Apple needs a cheaper phone to capture the Asian market that can't afford a $400 phone.
This I agree is what's more important if Apple wants to compete with Android on the numbers game. The cheap Androids sell far more than the high end large screen devices. A cheap and affordable iPhone for those countries could go a long way for Apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.