Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals

Old Nov 4, 2012, 06:20 AM   #1
Photo Monkey
macrumors member

How to find my modemís address

Iíd like to change some settings on my modem, but my Time Capsule is making it difficult to find out.

Hereís whatís being reported to me by the Time Capsule thatís plugged into the modem:

Hereís an overview of the network to give context:

The trouble is 82.xx.168.1 just times out, as does using the IP because the setting to configure it from a remote IP hasnít been enabled.

From what I can recall the last time I had to change something, I was able to use 192.168.1.1 but that was a while ago and the Time Capsule now hands out IPs starting with 10.0.1.1, but that IP is the ĎSwanseaí Time Capsule.

Any clues where to look for the IP of the modem would be appreciated!
Photo Monkey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 06:40 AM   #2
nebo1ss
macrumors 68000

Looking at the information you provided I Don't think you are connected to the Swansea device. I believe the information you show is coming from the Paris device and that 182.xx.168.251 is the ip provided to the Paris device by the Swansea device and that 182.xx.168.1 is the default gateway of the Swansea device which is probably providing DHCP ip's to all devices.

If you connect to the Swansea device you will get the modem IP.
nebo1ss is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 07:19 AM   #3
Photo Monkey
macrumors member

Thanks for your reply Ė I turned off Prague and Paris and connected to Swansea using ethernet, restarting it too. Still showed the same address! Iím considering getting my old Netgear router out and using that to find it!
Photo Monkey is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals