Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices

Old Nov 21, 2012, 11:54 AM   #1
Stropaganda
macrumors member

Verizon Customers: What's your next?

So I'm a Verizon employee. I get a discount on their service to the point where it is the same or less than a prepaid plan. As such, I cannot leave their network as that is just too good of a deal. So now I am stuck with the dilemma of what phone to upgrade to. Right now I have a Galaxy Nexus and the battery is really pissing me off. I'm not sure if it is because it's always been like that or the battery is just old and tired. I don't remember it being this bad. My battery info screen doesn't look like a rolling hill, but rather cliff diving. So coming from that, I have a couple options:

Employee RAZR MAXX HD for $200. (Long battery, mostly stock android, better phone ergonomics)
Employee DNA for $100 with free wireless charging pad. (Beastly specs, wireless charging pad, half the price)
Extended battery from Amazon for $40. (Stock android, cheap, keep upgrade for later)

DNA seems like the best deal, but the battery concerns me. Is it better than the Galaxy Nexus? By how much?

For all my Verizon comrades, what phone do you currently have and what phone would you upgrade to right now?

Last edited by Stropaganda; Nov 21, 2012 at 12:07 PM.
Stropaganda is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:04 PM   #2
MuffCabbage
macrumors regular

Droid X to 8X if I can get it
MuffCabbage is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:31 PM   #3
tHe Rk
macrumors newbie

Galaxy Note II will be here next week
tHe Rk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:55 PM   #4
scott craft
macrumors 6502a

I just upgraded to the Lumia 822, but if you want to stay android I would probably get the Note 2.
scott craft is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 04:07 PM   #5
cynics
macrumors 604

My girlfriends Droid 2 was stolen at a bar last night (I know who in the world would actually steal that). So now we need to get her a new phone.

Her not being into phone I made a short list.

Droid 4 - she actually likes slide out keyboards and this would be similar to her Droid 2
Note 2 - probably to big for her but worth check out
S3 - Same as note 2
Razr M - I like this, small with a big screen
IPhone 4S or 5 - good option for her because it works well with her web based work email. She uses widgets and stuff current though.

This is probably the worst time to need a phone with the crowds of black Friday tomorrow. DNA is an option but its still new and she doesn't really need latest and greatest.
cynics is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 12:43 PM   #6
cynics
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynics View Post
My girlfriends Droid 2 was stolen at a bar last night (I know who in the world would actually steal that). So now we need to get her a new phone.

Her not being into phone I made a short list.

Droid 4 - she actually likes slide out keyboards and this would be similar to her Droid 2
Note 2 - probably to big for her but worth check out
S3 - Same as note 2
Razr M - I like this, small with a big screen
IPhone 4S or 5 - good option for her because it works well with her web based work email. She uses widgets and stuff current though.

This is probably the worst time to need a phone with the crowds of black Friday tomorrow. DNA is an option but its still new and she doesn't really need latest and greatest.
My gf decided on the S3. She is actually called me and said she just picked it up (1230 pm Black Friday).

I'm pretty excited because I've only been able to play with friends S3's now I can get some real hands on time with it. She also told me my nexus 10 was delivered. Sucks I'm working this weekend and won't have a good chance to play with all these new toys!
Old Nov 23, 2012, 03:09 PM   #7
Diseal3
macrumors 65816

Want to pick up a Note II
Diseal3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 04:19 PM   #8
Nabooly
macrumors 6502a

I'll be picking up a Note2 next week also!
Nabooly is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices