Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tokyo1138

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 11, 2013
Its like the title says. Im curious about will it get all the features then schould i plan to buy One. Has anyone tested those betas on a touch5? Did it run smoothly? Many thanks for your guys replies

three

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2008
The 5th generation iPod touch is still the newest revision of the iPod touch. It's still so new that Apple must continue to support and will give the full version of iOS 7 to the device. I don't have an iPod touch so I haven't tested iOS 7 on the device. I'm sure others have and can answer the questions better. Keep in mind the betas of iOS 7 are beta, they have bugs, they aren't as quick, etc. Once the final version is released is when we can start testing stability, smoothness, speed, etc.

You can buy one now, but it might be safe to try and wait until late October. Apple might sneakily update the iPod touch without us knowing or hearing any rumours.

Last edited:

defunct32

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2013
Some features may be missing or rather exclusive to the iPhone but iOS 7 will be supported on iPod touch 5th Gen, iPod touch 4 Gen is out of the question and will be phasing out and will be replaced with the 16GB no camera, no loop 5th Generation, so yes, iOS 7 will be supported. You can wait a while longer for the conference or keynote/etc to see if a 6th Gen will be released, otherwise go ahead w/ the 5th!

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
I have an iPhone 5 and the iPod touch 5. I don't see any less features that I noticed on my iPod touch 5 than my iPhone 5. I am on iOS 7 beta 6 and been using it for almost 2 weeks. I think the iPod touch 5 gets the full version of iOS 7. I base it off of that the iPhone 5 and iPod touch 5 are the only devices to get camera filters.

MissDaria

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2013
Based on what iDevice history I've been aware of, I would think that any difference between features of iOS 7 for iPod Touch 5G or iPhone will largely come down to what an iPod or an iPhone can do anyway.

(After all, a Touch 6G (or whatever) is anticipated, but hasn't been officially announced, so as said, it'd still be their latest model and running their latest software.)

moderately

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2010
iOS 7 runs pretty smoothly on mine, and it's still in beta. It will probably be even better in the real version.

This is the issue for me. I run Numbers on my iPod Touch 5 and I would not want it any slower than it is now. I left my iPT 4 on iOS 5 because it was too slow to open certain programs.

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
I don't really care about os update. IOS7 make it look like a girly device.

Im much more interested in the Ipod touch price cut. Unless they are releasing a 6 gen which i doubt.

Ffosse

macrumors 68000
Nov 5, 2012
I don't care about iOS 7 either; I'm not even going to bother updating my Touch as I use exactly 2 apps and not even every day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.