Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TFSC

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 6, 2012
I recently retired from teaching and was going through a box of packed up items. I found an unopened box of the educator "Think Different posters". There are thirty posters (11x17) still in plastic with the original letters and original mailing box. I am interested in selling the complete set. In looking at ebay, individual posters in mint condition are going for $40. Is a person better off selling as a complete set or selling individual posters?

ppcg4mac

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2012
Northwest Kansas
I recently retired from teaching and was going through a box of packed up items. I found an unopened box of the educator "Think Different posters". There are thirty posters (11x17) still in plastic with the original letters and original mailing box. I am interested in selling the complete set. In looking at ebay, individual posters in mint condition are going for $40. Is a person better off selling as a complete set or selling individual posters?

http://missingbite.com/details/TDPoster.html?29
think over the price, these are MINT.

vintageapple

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2010
Wow, great find. The ones you see for $40 on eBay are knockoffs. Your original ones, sealed, are worth MUCH more. I am not too familiar with the prices, but some of the rare ones can go for $600+. I think in your case, as you have the original box and everything, it would be worth more to sell as a set...but you may have to wait some time to find a buyer willing to spend the $$ they are worth.

BlueEagle

macrumors member
Nov 27, 2012
Newton NJ
sorry to bring this post back, but I have a set of 10 11X17 posters. I got them from my commercial art teacher back in 2006. He was going to throw them away, so i saved them from getting destroyed. Ive been looking around and really can't find a definite value for them. How much would you value a set of 10 with minimal scratching to a few of them? Just curious more then anything.

Last edited:

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
Put the entire set on eBay as a single item, with no reserve, reasonably low starting price, long auction time. Get lots of high-quality photos, do your research, write a long, detailed auction description. (Heck, include a segment on each poster - including a one-sentence biography of each person!)

Once you put it on eBay, advertise the living bejezzus out of it on every Mac enthusiast news site there is. (Submit it as a story, etc.)

It *WILL* get covered, and it will sell for over $1000.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.