Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

swifty69

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2013
only had ipad2 for a year & 2 months it has died so i sent it for service via ups back to apple they told me it sounded like problems with hardware as the back light still came on but nothing on screen done all the resets, wiped it clean started again nothin!!!
apple sent me mail to say they will not service it because it has non apple parts in it when i asked what the parts were they told me antenna so they washed there hands of me funny that its not left me all year and someone has sneaked a hooky antenna in there wtf!!!!

kitzuki

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2009
only had ipad2 for a year & 2 months it has died so i sent it for service via ups back to apple they told me it sounded like problems with hardware as the back light still came on but nothing on screen done all the resets, wiped it clean started again nothin!!!
apple sent me mail to say they will not service it because it has non apple parts in it when i asked what the parts were they told me antenna so they washed there hands of me funny that its not left me all year and someone has sneaked a hooky antenna in there wtf!!!!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

On a serious note are there any apple store around you? I would take it there ask to speak to a manager, show them your work order, hopefully if you plead you case they will swap it.

swifty69

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2013
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

On a serious note are there any apple store around you? I would take it there ask to speak to a manager, show them your work order, hopefully if you plead you case they will swap it.

apple shop about 100 mile round trip thats the reason for return by post but that has got to be my next option fingers crossed they will help!!

its gutting when i brought this and a mac at the same time from a shop they turned me around showed me the door told me to ring apple care
Code:
    NOTAHAPPYBUNNY

Aspasia

macrumors 65816

If there are non-Apple parts in the iPad, it's possible the shop that sold you the products cheated you by not providing a brand new device. Sounds like it was refurbished by the shop or a third-party. You could take that letter from Apple to the shop that sold you the iPad and demand your money back or a replacement.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.