Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

smithrh

macrumors 68030
Feb 28, 2009
Now, and always, ClickToFlash.

Works great, and the times it doesn't, usually there's an upgrade within a day or so to fix whatever stumbling block Google might have put down.

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
"But I found that some videos have several videoplayback strings. Haven't figured out this part."

Firefox does this much better.

"Downloadhelper" is one Firefox extension that works.
There are others that work, as well.

In fact, Firefox works -so well-, that I don't bother attempting to download videos (or audio) with Safari anymore.

I still use Safari as my main browser, but -- if I come across a video/audio clip I want to keep, I just copy the URL, open Firefox, and "grab it" there instead...

The "activity" window was removed from Safari (or, made much more difficult to use) as an attempt to purposely limit the kinds of downloading that could be done with it...

halledise

macrumors 68000
Hello,

I am having a very hard time downloading youtube videos.
I have an app that will take out the video and turn the audio into mp3 which works perfectly

but I do not have an app that will download the video to view it at a later time.

I used to use Jdownloader , but downloading stops with a message saying "Aborted" , and sometimes when it is downloaded , the video will be corrupted with a blackout.

Please help, what do you use?

ClipGrab is the simplest to use and even loads the url address itself if you're patient.
works for downloading Vimeo, Daily Motion, etc also

http://clipgrab.org

quote:
ClipGrab is a free downloader and converter for YouTube, Vimeo, Metacafe, Dailymotion and many other online video sites.
It converts downloaded videos to MPEG4, MP3 or other formats in just one easy step.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.