Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Dec 28, 2012, 06:05 PM   #26
Pewpewpew
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irDigital0l View Post
Apple is smart to save a redesigned iPad 5 for March. They know that the majority of iPad 3 owners won't upgrade to the 4 but they needed to get the 4 out for a Lightning upgrade.
Yes and they know people don't have the disposable income to release iPad mini iPhone and large iPad all within months of each other
Pewpewpew is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2012, 06:33 PM   #27
WilliamLondon
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pewpewpew View Post
William William william come on think about it. Anyone with half a brain knows the iPad 4 was a stop gap till the iPad 5 in march.
What the heck is a stopgap? You know, given I don't have even half a brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irDigital0l View Post
Apple is smart to save a redesigned iPad 5 for March. They know that the majority of iPad 3 owners won't upgrade to the 4 but they needed to get the 4 out for a Lightning upgrade.
What, because 6 months was too long to wait? Or 6 months is just enough time to devalue people's current investment in the iPad? (which they will do again with a March release - think about it, please!)
WilliamLondon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2012, 06:43 PM   #28
pooleman
macrumors 65816

If you don't need the ipad now then wait for the 5. If you NEED to have an ipad now then just get the 4. It will still be a great device even if the 5 comes out in a few months.
pooleman is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2012, 07:23 PM   #29
bri1212
macrumors 6502

It always bothers me when someone asks this question. Should I wait for the next one? If you have to ask, then you should. However, realize that there will always be something better coming down the pike in just a few months.

As far as is having an ipad mini, and an ipad redundant? I would say a bit.
I use my mini in the car, plane, or sitting on the couch. I use my ipad for work. Typing proposals to customers, entering orders, emailing pictures etc...
Could I get by with just one or the other? probably, but I am glad I do not have to.
bri1212 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad